VIC Clayton Melbourne

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Melbourne MM, 1st Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Melbourne MM

Melbourne MM New Member

hi All

We are a young professional couple looking to move into a bigger 4 bedroom townhouse in the south east suburbs of Melbourne.
    We currently own a unit in the North and want to buy a 2nd property without having to sell our current property. hence our budget is 800-900k

I just wanted some feedback/experience on the suburb of Clayton, Melbourne. is the area decent? are the schools/day cares decent? are there any future infrastructure projects planned that could boost the area?

Thanks

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Schools - can't comment (I have not kids!)

I spend a fair bit of time their including walking at night from the station to the hospital - no issues to report.

Trains to CBD are actually quite good in the morning (esp if you catch ones originating from Westall - you'll get seats!) - but coming back just seems to be packed no matter what time you choose! (in non-covid times that is)

Asian shopping is good - not as comprehensive as Springvale, and slightly different demographic.

Doesn't need a boost - it already has one of the leading hospitals in Melb, a new Children's hospital, a uni nearby, station, air-rail (i.e. no level x-ing)... it shows in the prop prices.

The Y-man

SuperOlaf likes this.
  3. SuperOlaf

SuperOlaf Well-Known Member

As Y-man pointed out, Clayton has got everything going for it and the prices reflect that. The only weakness of the suburb is lack of good schools. Another point to note is that pricing of houses vary significantly (from $1m to $1.7m) depending on location (close to Monash Uni is more expensive) and more importantly planning zones.

4. The Y-man

5. The Y-man

@Melbourne MM
    If the things in Clayton don't matter as much to you, then you might find a bigger house/land combo in Clayton South/Clarinda/Westall (stay clear of the power lines), Springvale South or Keysborough.

The Y-man

6. Melbourne MM

Melbourne MM New Member

Thanks all for your feedback. Much appreciated :)

7. melj

melj Member

AP_VIC likes this.