Cladding inspo

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by bob shovel, 22nd Oct, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Get a quote to remove the asbestos sounds like it would make life easier. To replace windows, remove rot and then finish wiith new sheets

you could screw battens to asbestos provided it's in reasonable condition. .... actually just remove the asbestos

Westminster likes this.
  2. Bee-mumma

Bee-mumma Well-Known Member

Ok... I'll get a quote to remove the asbestos. But.. HUGE Job. This is a little cheapie IP, so I'll see if it is cost effective at the moment. It might be a case of keeping the asbestos sheeting and replacing the rotten boards. ? I'd love to see some more fibro shack renovations, to give me inspiration. Finding good examples of renovations on fibro shacks is becoming hard to find. Thank you for posting yours Bob. It's much appreciated.

bob shovel likes this.
  3. bob shovel

Oh ok mine was the ppor. We just removed the front asbestos sheeting and will (one day) paint the rest. We did this while we replaced the old asbestos roof. So it was cost effective but didn't involve the entire exterior

id look to do minor repairs then paint it all for an ip. Paint is magical!!

4. bob shovel

I do need to go through all my old photos and info for the reno. I do have another thread going but just need time. Plus get some nicer photos. Here's the before photo:
    2018-06-15 14.21.37.png

Bee-mumma likes this.