Civil Contractors and Builders - Recommendations and Tips to deal with them?

Discussion in 'Development' started by Jmillar, 28th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jmillar

Jmillar Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Doing 2 subdivisions + new buildings in QLD (Logan and Ipswich) but never subdivided or built before.

Just wondering:
    1) Does anyone have civil guys they could recommend? Tree, shed and pool removal + subdivision works
    2) Does anyone have reputable builders they could recommend I speak to? I'll be doing a duplex and a dual key - will be retaining so want decent quality but they won't be anything fancy or high end
    3) Any tips for dealing with builders? I hear so many people complain about getting ripped off by builders. I was planning on getting my DA approval and then going to 3 or 4 builders with the plans and getting them to give me proposals. Are there any things to look out for in the construction contract to ensure I am best protected?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Cheers

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

• Use a Master Builder's Qld or HIA contract which is approved by the RAIA (architects) - provides more level playing field than using the builder's contract
    • The better the documentation, the less there is to argue over ie good spec and plans rather than allowances or notes like "wall finish - tiles", "Kitchen" and no details/elevations.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia