City of Sydney DA application - What else do I need to submit?

Discussion in 'Development' started by alps, 21st Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. alps

alps Well-Known Member

HI all,

Had some preliminary discussions with an architect and would like to know what / if anything is missing from the brief below that the architect has provided me with. I'm fully aware that the DA process can be quite daunting and I want to ensure that everything has been covered off to ensure that greatest likelihood of success.

At this stage, I've just mocked up what I think an ideal floorplan would look like :)

FYI, we are talking about an extension to a Victorian Terrace situated in a Heritage Conservation Area but with no specific heritage features.

Complete architectural design documentation required for DA purpose, according to the Council requirements, including Development Control Plan and Local Environmental Plan.

This includes the following deliverables:

• 3D Computer Model (for council submission) & Photo montage.
    • Site Analysis for whole site (Scale: TBC).
    • Site Plan, depicting critical setout and building measurements (Scale:TBC)
    • Shadow Diagrams, at 3 times of day on 21st June.
    • All necessary Plans, sections, elevations required for DA.
    • Material Sample Board.
    • Waste Management Plan.
    • Statement Of Environmental Effects.
    • Control Table, articulating compliance with local controls under DCP, LEP and other applicable legislation.Preliminary area schedules articulating how Council requirements have been achieved .
    • Coordinate the engagement of all necessary consultants.
    • Basix Certificate completion.
    • Coordinate and incorporate consultant input into design.
    • Conduct Site Analysis, including: Land Zoning Map and Solar Study.
    • Prepare documentation describing general architectural character and proposed materials.
    In respect to consultants cited above, which are likely to be required ... Structural and Hydraulics come to mind, but are there any others? Surveyor perhaps?

Architect has quoted an 8 week turnaround time to lodge DA Submission.

Based on the above brief which sounds quite comprehensive to me, do you think a Town Planner would be required or is this something that the architect should be able to cover off?

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

It may not be required but I've always felt safer engaging a good town planner. The cost Vs possible risks of screwing up something simple makes it not worth it to me. But I suspect most ppl wouldn't bother with a TP for an extension. I probably would though.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

You mentioned that it is in a heritage conservation area, a report from a heritage architect to put any heritage issues to bed.

Sackie likes this.
  4. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

Probably included in the last dot point but a Design Statement with an extract included within the Statement of Environmental Effects?

5. RenegadeDom

RenegadeDom Well-Known Member

Consultants for DA would not include structural as this is typical for CC. You would be looking at surveyor, civil/ stormwater and potentially landscape depending on scope of the extension. It would be best to engage a good town planner as well which can assist in guiding potential design outcomes.

6. alps

alps Well-Known Member

Is it always a good idea to have a preliminary meeting with Council prior to lodging a DA?

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Yes, always need the prelodgement unless it's very straight forward.

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I've only had 1 time where we didn't do prelodgement. Meeting council before lodgement can be a big advantage. And they generally like it too.

9. alps

alps Well-Known Member

Is it true that COS Council not longer do pre-lodgement meetings? I’ve been told that they only do meeting after plans have been submitted and reviewed.

Also, under the COS Freedom of Information Act, as I able to access the last approved plans of my property?

10. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Usually, you just pay a fee for any plans relating to your property. $80 in Vic. No need for foi!