VIC City of Knox Development

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by dannyhc, 13th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dannyhc

dannyhc New Member

Hi Guys,

The time has come to hopefully attempt my first site development, found this potential opportunity here and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with the Knox Council in terms of getting an original boundary reinstated? I am also worried about getting power, drainage and water allocated to each site and the potential pitfalls in doing this. My only experience is being a landlord using an agent for around 7 years, so I'm very novice at any developer related.

32 34 36 Olivebank Road Ferntree Gully Vic 3156 - Residential Land for Sale #201750782 - realestate.com.au

It seems the average sale price for Knox is very healthy at 5% rise just for the December quarter with the median price going above the Melbourne median of $770K to $770,494 anything east of Melbourne tends to be solid blue chip choice.

The overlays says sub division on this zone must be a minimum of 2000 m2 but because this already has the boundary with two parcels existing, it should receive approval even though the lots will be around 1000 m2 each.

Can anyone think of any catches or helpful guides on what to research next?

Thanks for reading and hoped you enjoyed the long weekend.

Cheers, Dan.