Citibank

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Elicon, 20th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Elicon

Elicon Well-Known Member

Hi guys

Does Citibank deal with brokers? I have heard they may do 85 per cent no lmi or is there a catch? Any alternatives? Income not a problem. PAYG applicant. Stable employment.

Thanks

2. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Correct. Drawback it's not at their best variable discount. It's also only purchases of certain property types, no otp, construction etc. no refinance.
    The alternative is pepper who also have a similar policy. Worth chatting to a broker. Lmi at 85% isn't that expensive.

Capitalised to a killer discounted rate makes it comparable to Citi or pepper usually.

3. Elicon

Elicon Well-Known Member

What about completed properties? That were purchased off the plan?

4. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

I haven't got their policy in front of me, but from memory it's anything built in the last 24 months. Defiantly no off the plan.
    If it's otp your trying to get a loan for and the property is complete I'd get a broker to start ordering vals. The valuation result will determine the lender you use and the LVR.
    Best of luck.

5. Simon Moore

Simon Moore Residential & Commercial Mortgage Broker Business Member

Level 2 287 Collins St Melbourne VIC 3000
    Great point by @tobe depending on how long the construction/planning took you could get a fair variation in valuations, I have seen up to 20% before. I have tried to use the Citibank 85% no LMI before and for my client it didn't make sense because within ~12 months the extra repayment amounted to more than the LMI!

There are a few lenders with discounts on LMI at the moment that could also make a difference.