Choosing Suburb

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by rahath syed, 26th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. rahath syed

rahath syed New Member

Hi Forum Members,

I need your valuable advice on the suburb Rooty Hill, I am looking to buy a old House @ 600k-650k.

1: How is Rooty Hill Suburb in term of growth trajectory?
    2: Are there lot of Housing Commission homes in this area and how can we find out number of Housing commission houses in these area??
    2: Any more suburbs in this price range, i am also considering Quaker Hills and Mount Druitt??

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Trajectory
    images.png

Rooty hill trajectory. ..

Screenshot_2016-06-26-09-28-48.png

Phantom, Timwest and RedMarty like this.
  3. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha. I saw the OP about half an hour ago and this was my thought exactly.

Ripehouse will tell you the housing commission, even down to the individual property. Search on here, there was a propertychat free trial. Well worth having a look at.

4. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

@datto is an expert on mt druitt.

You should also read some controversial threads on mt druitt on this forum.

Regards

datto likes this.
  5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Hi @rahath syed,
    If its for IP, I'd say you completely missed the boat. If its for PPOR though, see what you can purchase as an entry level house on full block of land in Blacktown. Reason being, Blacktown is closer to Sydney. For me, the less of a commute, the better. My own thought is, the M4 can be useless with traffic (its currently being widened which slows traffic down), and every single minute shaved off in commuting to where I need to be, the easier my life is.

WattleIdo likes this.
  6. datto

datto Well-Known Member

@rahath syed set your trajectory a little further west to Mt Druitt. Rooty Hill is upmarket. Same trash though.. Do you want to get mugged by a crim driving a 1990 commodore or pay extra and get muggsd by spmeone in a 94 BMW 525i?

7. House

House Well-Known Member

I'd disagree with the 'same trash' comment, significant difference between the two from what I've seen living in Rooty for the last 2 months. The Druitt is feral no question about it but Rooty hasn't given me any real reason to associate it with that one suburb, just happens to be beside it and still hanging on to that bad association/history.

@rahath syed The West has had a great run but still think theres plenty of potential- lots of old houses on big blocks that could be subdividible (have heard Blacktown CC is easy to deal with and more proactive towards development). Demand is there and have recently seen houses sell within weeks.

As mentioned, Ripehouse would be a good source for housing commission locations.

8. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

@rahath syed

You can also look up PriceFinder - it shows who owns neighbouring properties - ones which are HC will be noted something along the lines of owned by State.

What are your reasons for buying in the area?

We have invested in Mount Druitt over the years, and have done well from the recent Sydney boom, with great rental yields. However, for now the yields aren't there.

If your reason for buying is your home, then I don't see any issues buying there.

9. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Yeah. I suppose Rooty Hill has changed. Might have been thinking of Doonside.

10. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Go ahead if this is your first PPOR. The demand in that area will always be there due to certain demographics.

11. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

@rahath syed i went to mt druitt, nsw and logan,qld - demographic wise the pictures say it all

upload_2016-6-26_22-11-44.png
    Mt Druitt
    upload_2016-6-26_22-13-49.png
    i think somewhere in logan.

Sam Yue and Starlite like this.
  12. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Rooty Hill - still can't stop the smirk. ;)

albanga and datto like this.
  13. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

dragons in mt druitt and warm weather in logan.... not quite demographics but an interesting take

ashish1137 likes this.