Choosing a BA, what questions to ask?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Jimmeh, 4th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

What questions would you ask a BA when choosing one? Do you ask for references?

2. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Ask your broker if they know someone in the area you're considering. Good brokers have likely worked with a lot of BAs in a lot of different places, often on multiple occasions. The BAs I recommend, I can give specific reasons why I recommend them.

If you're asking for references, a BA will only give you those who have had a great experience. Speaking with most individuals, you'll only ever speak with someone who's have one or two experiences.

Brendan Johnson likes this.
  3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Ask to look at properties they have purchased for clients then review the numbers etc

Review their contract for fees, conditions etc

How many clients chasing property?
    Timeframe to secure property?

References are worth nothing IMO, because how do you know who the referee is? A friend?

Where are they buying? Why? What is the strategy and what supporting documents provided to back up claims

Ask them what have they achieved, look at their track record. You know the golden rule, if they shy back then think again Just my opinion

5. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Where are you purchasing OP? There's some good BA's on here. Read their posts and get a feel for how they operate - that might answer a lot of your questions.

Cheers

Jamie

Jacque likes this.
  6. Wendy Chamberlain

Wendy Chamberlain Well-Known Member

Look at what people are saying about them online, on social media, what testimonials have they got? Are they flat fee or working on commission - if commission, why are they being paid more to spend more of your money?

Speak to past clients to see what they liked or didn't like about working with the Buyer's Advocate. Is the Buyer's Advocate active and experienced in the area that you are looking to purchase in? Have they invested themselves and do they understanding different investment strategies.

Those are the questions I'd be starting with.

7. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Watch out for astroturfing and sock puppetry! If you don't know the people, then they could be fake.

Jacque likes this.