International China's sharemarket boom mints billionaires at record pace

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by oracle, 21st Oct, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. oracle

oracle Well-Known Member

Full article here (behind paywall)

Amazing growth and wealth creation!

Cheers,
    Oracle.

David_SYD and MTR like this.
  2. BunnyXiao

BunnyXiao Well-Known Member

Yup. Living here is insane. You guys ain't seen wealth like i see here every day. So crazy. Definitely get your hands on online stocks like PinDuoDuo and insurer PingAn on USA exchange ;-P
    My area of Zhejiang for example people got rich from clothing mills. Parlayed many into... for example my friends who now own multiple industrial parks in several areas of China. That's just one family. I work for a very fancy school for super-rich. It's indescribable what I see every day.

I think the average person thinks China is China of 20 years ago judging from the silly comments I see and read.

Last edited: 21st Oct, 2020
    icic, charttv, MTR and 1 other person like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I have one question, can you accept gifts ?
    If so, please share:)

4. BunnyXiao

Yes and no. Small things ok at work like flowers and hand made gifts. But as I make a lot of friends outside of work no problems. I travel with friends for free because they love me as they know and trust me. I often get gifts of silly designer handbags which I let collect dust as most I think are ugly and old fashioned like the latest Dior with the matching sneakers so I'm a bit weird like that. Perfumes are awesome. People here are incredibly kind and generous rich and poor alike. Food is what they are obsessed about so always get huge parcels of stuff or constantly ytaken to dinner out. I think in my case I'm lucky because as a kindy teacher people can see my true heart and who I am. Also, I've been long enough here to know how things really are and I speak ok enough Chinese which shows respect rather than the usual white cultural superiority/arrogance they cop from some of my colleagues sadly.

Edited to say typical workplace Teacher Day Gifts we can accept: Flowers, gifts kids made, perfumes, silk scarves, Starbucks gift boxes, fancy tea sets, small clothing items
    Not Ok are things like watches, vouchers to fancy hotels, designer sunglasses, handbags etc
    teachers day is awesome! Work also gives us 1000RMB for bonus

Last edited: 21st Oct, 2020
    icic, Codie, charttv and 1 other person like this.
  5. BunnyXiao

Last edited: 24th Oct, 2020
    willair likes this.
  6. BunnyXiao

mitsui, charttv and oracle like this.
  7. BunnyXiao

By the way not only China but also Russia are stacks on the mill with gold buying. Even Buffet is buying gold now. So me too now.

8. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

I think PinDuoDuo is high risk, high reward. I wouldnt be putting too much on it. Getting leverage but burning cash quickly and key men have left. I don trust Chinese numbers, sometimes they just make them up pay bribes up to the highest level and bail out and suckers are left holding an empty bag, that is how some get rich, Luckin Coffee is an example. For Chinese e-commerce I would prefer JD.Com , or e-commerce in jurisdictions with accountability with Etsy, Shopify, Mercado libre , Kogan or Amazon so I could sleep better,