China uses Communist Party's centenary for a show of strength and defiance

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gen-Y, 2nd Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

From a German news broadcaster channel - their news reporting from European perspective.
    How will other nations around the world broadcast the news of China CCP 100 years celebration?
    When I get time in the weekend, I will post up more news video I can find from other nation.

2. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

For a Singapore news broadcaster channel - This is how they have reported from South East Asia perspective.

Warning: It is a long documentary video of 50 mins.

George Smiley likes this.
  3. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

For a USA news broadcaster channel - This is how they have reported from America perspective.
    *Note* This is Fox Business NEWS

No idea why the media ask a retired military guy for comment. :rolleyes:

4. Tofubiscuit

Tofubiscuit Well-Known Member

How will all this affect Australia's national development and future generations?

It would be a positive if it wakes us up into a more tech innovative and manufacturing economy but I just can't see it happening.

5. datto

datto Well-Known Member

China is nothing compared to the US and Europe. They wouldn't stand a chance in a schoolyard scrap either militarily or economically.

Lizzie likes this.
  6. Tofubiscuit

I've being reading and thinking about this for some time. Europe is to decentralised and dis-united to have a collective strategy. The US like wise has many domestic issues.

As a US ally, Australia should look at history of how US allies get treated. Most recently the Afghans... they will throw us under the bus when it suits them no doubt.

China has it's own issues but from what I read and hear from people, they have momentum and capabilities developing fast.

Phoenix Pete and datto like this.
  7. spoon

spoon Well-Known Member

The world is getting tricky to live in as a human being. It's feels like the drifting of continents billions of years ago - but politically we are drifting apart so one will need to choose which one to stick to.

Suddenly feel very sentimental about John Lennon's song Imagine...:(

George Smiley and Tofubiscuit like this.
  8. Tofubiscuit

Best outcome in the next 50 years would be China becoming a Singapore like democracy (elections dominated by a single major party). Can't see this happening though. Going to be very tricky for us in Australia.

9. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust the US.

If China invaded Oz, China, I reckon would just turn to the US and say:

"What are you going to do about it? You want war or you want to make deal? We now have cheap labour and resources to make things for you really cheap. Yeah, yeah we sign treaty to say no Ozzies will be mistreated (he he), Ok OK you can still keep Pine Gap. Geez you drive hard bargain".

10. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

One would want to hope the current person in charge of the United States and the military aide carrying the nuclear ghost submarine fleets launch codes does not press the wrong button and becomes part of a sacrificed generation..

Last edited: 8th Jul, 2021
    datto likes this.
  11. datto

datto Well-Known Member

That's part of the risk. In a fight there's always the chance someone will get accidently kicked in the nether regions . Usually the kicker gets the upper hand.

willair likes this.
  12. Tofubiscuit

China invading OZ in a hot war is lower than 0.1%. They are more likely to just shun us and hope to have more nations gravitate to China and away from anglo-sphere. Ultimately they want to build a China centric economic and political environment, with the Communist Party as the center. Historically, the Chinese know an external war has very little benefit vs the risk.

I'm more interested in Australia's development and standing in the world, all our property value is ultimately attached to that!

TB

13. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

It is confusing to me about why Australia keeps talking about a war with China.
    It is constantly in the Australian media.
    I have try to browse on the Chinese-centric news channels.
    Not once have I picked up on their broadcast, they want to go to war with Australia.

You see why I am scratching my head? :confused:

Lizzie and Tofubiscuit like this.
  14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

You need to add the disclaimer that Fox is not a registered "news" channel - and is for entertainment purposes only

15. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I have read that the US army is the biggest military in the world - number 2 is the US navy ... Russia and China combined come in a distant 3rd

However, the world has changed and it's no longer about "might", as proven by hacker ability to destabilise the US oil production pipeline remotely ... and the numerous ransomware attacks.

datto likes this.
  16. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

The future is drone wars technology. No human action will be able to target them effectively.
    These drones are AI terminator target seeking. Once deploy over the designated target area. It goes to work on their own.
    There is also an anti drone technology - call "THOR" it is suppose to fire off an EMP missile to the target and on detonation release a EMP wave that render the drones dead.

17. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

We don’t need to worry about China, we do a good enough job of it here with our own population, especially in Victoria.

18. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Military wise, I think only Russia would be able to stand up to China. If it wanted to. Fairly strong communal unity, budding democracy, advanced military and inhospitable land.

That’s said, in my mind, there is no way China will want either Europe or US on its bad side. Economic inter dependencies are so strong that if one falls the other collapses.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia