China property bust article....

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by hammer, 7th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

Yep, me too. I have nothing against Indians. I have known many of them in Melbourne, they are really hardworking ones. But they told me these issues with India in general and they are feeling hopeless to be honest…

Most of them have settled and never to go back

2. icic

icic Well-Known Member

You need to look harder...the number of billionaires there ...gives the picture
    I guest that billionaires does give a good picture India 177 vs China 698?
    List of countries by number of billionaires - Wikipedia

a lot more manufacturing is heading there

sure that India is gaining manufacturing jobs, but no where enough that can absorb the population growth of the semi educated. India still have a very low literacy rate even below Congo and Cameroon India Literacy Rate 1981-2021
    not to mention higher education that is needed for a knowledge economy

I would not write these countries off....their top universities....leave the Chinese ones for dead. But the issue is they leave for the USA...where they are snapped out.

China's Tsingshua University and Peking University ranks 17 and 18 , India's IITB ranks 177 and IITD ranks 185
    QS World University Rankings 2022

I worked for an US company ...they were firing Chinese staff because they got to expensive.
    Maybe that's not a bad thing for China if you look at it from an economic perspective don't you reckon? No one wants to be a Coolie that work for peanuts...

I am not writing anyone off and if India can get its act together, sure they will have plenty potential. But to mention it in the same word such as Chindia in this day and age is a little premature to put it politely.

trinity168 and Sackie like this.
  3. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

India will never become the next China.
    They had their chance in the sun to shine. It was all wasted on corruption. :rolleyes:
    Their caste system is still interference in their social life. Pretty sad affair if you ask me.
    Too many false prophecy on their rise and fall of China.
    I have actually lost hope with India.
    All the bright Indian have overseas passport and can leave anytime they want.
    Even they don't trust their own kind. Enough said.
    China have their issues too almost echo chamber. LOL

Lizzie, marty998 and Mulianto like this.
  4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Lets wait and see......I reckon a lot of Chinese billionaires might take up new citizenships ...... personally...I don't trust the CCP....I am sure ASIO is working overtime here is also rooting out CCP influence. ;)

I am very pro Australia making its own way with other like minded democracies....I think we have bent over backwards for China...time to take a different tact....I think you get my thinking. I see too much CCP influence here...we need to take a much harder stand....even if it means us going nuclear!

marty998 likes this.
  5. icic

icic Well-Known Member

I am just stating the facts and call you out on your miss information my friend. I am a proud Australian citizen with no association with the CCP so let's not turn this discussion into a political one...

6. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Mate you are assuming..I never assumed your nationality. No misinformation.....the CCP are not be trusted....I have enough Chinese mainlander friends...who are glad to be out of the clutches of CCP.

I have travelled enough Guanzhou...Pudong...to see the difference. Even lived in the USA....Australia tops them by a country mile.

trinity168 likes this.
  7. icic

icic Well-Known Member

Not all things are black and white my friend. The CCP can be ruthless but hyper efficient at the same time. Agree that Australia is a much better country to live in because it is a lucky country for a number of reasons. China is a lot better than what it used to be for the vest majority. I don't rank US too highly for long term living unless you are very well off.

8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

We are in agreement now. :)

I am US educated...and my father worked in the UN..so I have seen the full gambit. US was good but has lost the plot over the last 15 years...too much poverty and violence.

icic likes this.
  9. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Mulianto likes this.
  11. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    Arthurark and Mulianto like this.
  12. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

13. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

The Chinese government will not want to seems to favour the Uber elite rich if they bail out Evergrande.
    This will make them weak in the eyes of the general citizens. As if they want to play that card without causing an unrest amongst the population.
    Some elite rich will take a wrap over the knuckle for this and made an example for reference.

Recent example: Jack Ma

Mulianto likes this.
  14. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

Hopefully it all comes crashing down, would be a very positive thing.

15. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

Lol please explain. Is it because you hate China?

16. bumskins

bumskins Well-Known Member

No China is ok, the rampant speculation and unsustainable build up of debt is a big risk.

It's something that has been hanging around for a while and keeps getting brought up.

I would prefer them to address it now rather than kick the can down the road.

Build on solid foundations, not a ricketty house of cards.

China has the advantage of thinking and planning super long term, much more so than the west.

If I were them I would take the hit now, knowing it's better for the long term.

They have positioned themselves well for Green Energy (Solar), Batteries/EV's, building up a semiconductor industry, tech industry.
    These have all been based on long term visions, not quick profits/flips.

They need to get their developers under control and moderate the level of speculation.

Last edited: 18th Sep, 2021
    Lizzie, 2FAST4U, icic and 1 other person like this.
  17. LROB

LROB Well-Known Member

Record amount of fiat in the chinese banking system. Foreign holders largely hold the bonds. I think America is trying to strangle china into bailing them out. China will be fine, the world will be roasted. World doesn't produce, china does!!

Goldman reckons they'll get a bail out but property 'could' drop upto 30% in the short term if they don't make the payment.
    They've already said they cannot make the payment.

Sips coffee, nothing to see here ;)

18. Triton

Triton Well-Known Member

Bit dramatic, but this could be big. Markets are going to get hammered, even crypto is getting hammered

19. LROB

LROB Well-Known Member

Its going to be a milkshake.

99.99% chance of missing the payment on the 23rd. This will send the world into a frenzy. And when I say frenzy I mean, chaos.

20. Baker

Baker Well-Known Member

Heh, the tone taken by an Indian internet channel when reporting on a Chinese bad news story is not surprising.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.