Childcare facilities

Discussion in 'Development' started by ACH123, 17th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. ACH123

ACH123 Active Member

Hi,

Anyone here have experience with development of childcare centres?

I want to combine two lots together and build a child care. I would like to seek advice on where to start.

Would like to know what type of person I should approach for to kickstart the process.

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Experienced architect for council approvals and regs. Insane rules

3. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

There was podcast about this with Jill McIntyre who has done a few personally and had some hints on what she looks for / assessment etc.

Have a search for it - I think it was the ‘property investory’ podcast maybe 9-12 months ago.
    but could be mistaken and on another RE podcast (maybe developing) as she has been on a few podcasts (usually about mindset coach though).
    Good luck

ACH123 likes this.
  4. Grammarian

Grammarian New Member

Jill McIntyre was trying to develop a childcare centre in Frankston - I think it was her first. Council knocked it back, so she appealed to VCAT who also turned it down. Her biggest mistake was that she underestimated the residents. She is now trying to sell the property several months later.

5. heartsproperty

heartsproperty Well-Known Member

I have seen a few local DA's in Brisbane and I've never seen such vitriolic response from neighbours where it is proposed.

Of all the possible commercial developments, this is probably the highest return, but unless you have a fundamental understanding of the process from end to end, and an introduction to a few in the industry I would steer clear.

6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

@ACH123

Are you looking to build and sell, build and hold?

The Y-man

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia