Childcare benefits

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by Ed Barton, 23rd Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

Just lastly, I want to clarify that I am not anti-kid (except in some circumstances e.g. PLANES)... I just think there is an expectation placed on my gender to be content staying home for years on end doing home duties. I fully appreciate that many people aspire to this and love it! But there is still a stigma about parents who want to return to work (for adult company, self esteem, intellectual stimulation ect). New parents often feel about their choice to return to work, especially if their infant is still small. IMO it is NOT a glamorous role, but my gender is expected to crave the dependency on breadwinners.

bob shovel and Cimbom like this.
  2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

We just drove 10,000km from perth to qld cause I've banned flying with kids! I hate flying but with kids it's been a nightmare! :mad: but I'm not in a hurry to do that drive again lol

You just need to find the right guy/partner!:) My wife works and I'm looking after the kids. I have the mundane job of wiping buts and being a moving target!

I've been called "mr mum" and the old "looking after the kids for the day". Most people are dinosaurs that will be phase out, other people think it's great. Things are changing and it is easier to break away from the "old ways", I'm a trend setter and pioneer:p except us dad's don't whinge about it! lol so it might take a while before it's newsworthy and more common

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The last thing my +1 wanted to do was return to work after kids. To be at the beck and call of company directors/board, react to stupid deadlines, meet sales targets etc and to be able to leave work at the drop of a hat if the kid is sick. An absolute no brainer.

This is her reward - early retirement and ability to focus on things that are more important.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia