Cheap materials for Reno

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by the world is your oyster, 7th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. the world is your oyster

the world is your oyster Well-Known Member

Hi there

I have found a house Iam going to Reno in the western suburbs in Melbourne Iam wondering if anyone has ideas of where to go shopping for stuff to Reno the house .
    Like bathroom vanities ,toilets ,shower bases tiles , paint . Curtains , kitchen
    Any does any one know tradesman over this way ?

2. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I use Highgrove bathroom in Brisbane - they have shops in VIC too. If you are a Renosave member, there's 10% discount (or your trade might have access to these discount).
    Other than that, eBay ... :p

Sackie likes this.
  3. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Gumtree. Masters (if they have anything left). Search for outlet stores too. I picked up some great tiles for a reno from a tile outlet shop.

4. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

When we were reno-ing on the westside we used both Western Distributers who were in Sunshine for flooring and for a variety of cheap reno stuff there is a big warehouse but can't remember the name of it though. It was under/near the Westgate and near a cemetery too - sorry for being vague but it was prtty awesome for cheap stuff if you can find it.

Perthguy likes this.
  5. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

I get second hand goods from Facebook buy swap and sell pages mostly for free sometimes I pay a little. A free kitchen/range hood, a sink, plenty of tins of paint and floor/wall tiles are my best finds. Apart from that Gumtree and Ebay have some good stuff as well.

Perthguy likes this.
  6. the world is your oyster

the world is your oyster Well-Known Member

Hi there
    Thanks for that yes western distributors has come up a bit I went there saterday and they were all ready Closed thanks for you help

7. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

Gumtree
    eBay
    National tiles- don't bother with seconds etc you can get firsts cheap enough- seconds cost u more in the long run- more glue, angry tilers etc.
    I got IKEA curtains hung them on $6 black rods from Bunnings
    Be careful with trades over that way- plenty of cow boys!
    I will PM u the ones we used and what we paid and will let u know about the bad ones we encountered!

8. Otie

Otie Well-Known Member

I have a s/s 900 rangehood and 900 gas cooktop that I didn't end up using if u want them $50 ea

9. RenegadeDom

RenegadeDom Well-Known Member

Gumtree and ikea

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.