Entertainment & Music Channel 9Life...how did I miss this??

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by moyjos, 6th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I got it about 2 weeks ago when the box rescanned. I watched a few episodes of tiny houses and flip or flop. I could get dangerously addicted to the whole channel.

It's good to watch whilst surfing Pinterest and reading propertychat :)

moyjos likes this.
  2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

On Flip or Flop last night they pulled out a hideous paneled timber kitchen, and replaced it with....a hideous paneled timber kitchen. I could hardly tell the difference, except for the new granite benchtop. I always think those benchtops look like cat spew. :oops:

Magnet, Perthguy and vbplease like this.
  3. Glorion

Glorion Well-Known Member

Is flip or flop the one with Tarek? Or whatever his silly name is! If so, he's got to be the worst example to showcase! Never does due diligence, seems to have no real skills (wow he can look at comparables!). Compared to the flippers - forgotten their names, Canadian couple, bald guy, bubbly blonde lady - they seem to know their stuff.

4. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

haha, I was thinking the exact same thing! The timber panels need to stay in the 80ies

the blonde chick is a great stylist.. The only one not to use (vomit) granit..

5. vtt

vtt Well-Known Member

Yes I thought this too! The old kitchen was ugly and the new kitchen was ugly. They replaced one brown kitchen with another brown kitchen. Also can't quite understand why they needed her father to chip in cash? Do they not have a contingency? Are they operating on that much of a tight budget?

Americans are also obsessed with showers over baths and shower curtains!

6. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Noticed that also

7. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

I really need to force my TV to rescan channels - this hasn't popped up for me yet.

8. moyjos

moyjos Well-Known Member

The father had to chip in because Tarek mentioned they had another 10 on the go :eek:. I am always amazed at the difference in profit between California (Flip or Flop) and Tennesee( Masters of Flip). CA is always way way less than TN.

vtt likes this.
  9. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

So besides channel 94 any other channels that broadcast all things real estate?

10. vtt

vtt Well-Known Member

Yes agree, I think with Tennessee it is more design oriented and they also tend to choose classic craftsman style homes which have a rarity factor whereas Tareq and Barbie seem to choose any run down property that has "comps" that stack up. Personally I think he relies way too much on the comp factor and also has his contractor quote based on the cheapest option possible - as a result he always goes over budget.

11. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

12. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

SmartDNS is your friend for things like that.

13. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Absolutely! He's a train wreck. He makes it look like making money on flips is so easy....but then, they don't have the stamp duty that we do, and I'm pretty sure there's no CGT, so long as you roll it into another property.

Hubby & I always try to guess how much over budget they are going to be on each one. After they look at the house and ask their builder for quotes we both have a bet on how much it will turn out to be. Often it's close to double. I'm always amazed though, at how much profit they squeeze out of each property.

14. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

I am addicted to this channel but also the Escape to the Country and Escape to the Continent shows on Ch.72.
    I am so glad these shows have arrived here now, so when I go to the US I am not glued to the TV any more :)

Angel and Gockie like this.
  15. Glorion

Glorion Well-Known Member

The channel is great, except when I'm surfing at 8:30pm and all that's bloody well on is housewives of needanewtan

Westminster likes this.
  16. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I don't get that no one seems to have garages - same with the UK shows - both countries where it snows in winter.

p.s. It's channel 84 for those of us out-of-townies.

p.p.s. love the reno shows - get really peeved when they have a "housewives night" - bergh - or "batchelor/ette" session

17. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

My TV box refuses to find this channel. I probably should be grateful.

18. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

The other shows I love after Escape to the Continent and Flip or Flop is Dr Moseley, Monday nights on SBS and Catalyst, Tuesday on Chanel 2. Pierot for the classic clothes and the vintage cars and country manors. There was a series on Friday nights earlier in the year, from the UK, self- building houses for under 100K Pounds. It had some good ideas for "affordable" materials that are really quite trendy and would never be found in a Jennings or Dixon home.

19. emza

emza Well-Known Member

So obsessed with that channel.

Also, I wish we built basements here. Seems like a good way to get virtually double the space!

20. House

House Well-Known Member

@trinity168 this is the thread I was talking about. Fixer Upper is the best of the lot so recommend watching it!

trinity168 likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia