Channel 7 story on FHB Vs Evil Maserati driving buyer

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Car tart, 7th Oct, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Anthony416

Anthony416 Well-Known Member

I am sure a Maserati driver would not resort to donuts.................:(

2. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

My yoot

datto likes this.
  3. Indifference

Indifference Well-Known Member

It's Tall Poppy Syndrome and cutting them down is a national pastime in Australia.

There's no sense in being sensitive about it.... it's just how this country is unfortunately.

4. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Poor petals...crushed by some generic comments from a TV presenter about an unknown person in a rubbish channel TV program nobody’s actually watched yet ...

On a serious note, if someone is genuinely distressed by this promo (rather than just posting as a kind of ‘look how nice my car is’ boast) then it might be worth working on ways to depersonalise this type of situation (e.g. using mental imagery, counseling etc).

Last edited: 8th Oct, 2018
  5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

No one complains when the same Maserati-driving #$+?(! rocks up in that VN Commodore to buy tge property - double standard.

As I've mentioned previously, I know one cashed up FHB who purchased a $1,X00,000 waterfront pull down (pre-boom) and got the FHB grant at the time. Took his work vehicle apparently (Daihatsu tipper).

datto likes this.
  6. kierank

kierank Well-Known Member

I used to love rocking up to OFIs in my son’s 1986 Corona, with me dressed in thongs, daggy shorts and T-shirt, ...

No-one would take me seriously (especially REAs) until I signed the Contract.

This was some time ago but the double standards still apply today. We are in process of selling a property right now and the REAs get excited when Bentleys, Porches, Merc’s and BMWs turned up.

datto and Perthguy like this.
  7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Cars can be financed and be in arrears or be a debt anchor....Wealthy people often dont drive the latest and newest car. They see the poor value and invest in things like property. But when they buy they usually pay for it upfront but its understated. eg Lexus rather than Porsche. Mercedes v's Ferrari.

The person who tells you they are wealthy probably isnt - Compared to the quiet one who achieves quietly or the person with the confidence of never worrying about money.

8. Car tart

Surely that depends on the person.
    I own 6 Rolex 2 Rado but mostly wear a Seiko.
    I own a Porsche, 2 Mercedes, a Pontiac GTO and 20 other great cars but mostly drive my $1200.00 Ford Explorer.

9. ShireBoy

ShireBoy Well-Known Member

Anyone know which show this segment is on?

10. Car tart

Current affair channel 9