Changing SMSF to a corporate trustee.

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by NedKelly, 13th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. NedKelly

NedKelly Well-Known Member

I was quoted $1900 +GST for the deed of amendment and then another $500 for the costs of the company set up. Then there are the new bank accounts, share transfers, property titles, etc. which isn't included. I have put it all in the too hard basket for now.

2. Hockey Monkey

Hockey Monkey Well-Known Member

Stake Super at $770 to setup a SMSF with a corporate trustee including company setup is starting to look pretty good

ChrisP73 and Redwing like this.
  3. qak

qak Well-Known Member

Ouch $1900 for a deed amendment! I assume you have the original deed & it allows for change of trustee? Those sorts of costs & issues are why you go for a corporate trustee to start with.

$500 for a company is too cheap - ASIC fee on incorporation alone is c$500, plus there's the company docs & special purpose requirement to allow for. Normally the company would be $800-1200 from the shelf company provider.

The bank accounts and share transfers you would normally do yourself unless you're an advised client - but the property titles, I would suggest you need a solicitor or conveyancer to do that.

4. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

All this is legal work so only lawyers should be doing it or you could do it yourself