Changing jumper valves to ceramic discs

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by jonas, 30th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jonas

jonas Member

Hi,

We have a tap with jumper valves. I bought ceramic discs tap which are installed.
    This was working ok for a few months but the taps have now started to leak (from the spout).

To my understanding is that the ceramic disc tap don’t always fit eh jumper valves taps – as the ceramic’s are not always screwed in to the bottom.
    Are there anyway to ‘pack out, or add another seal or get longer spindles for ceramic taps that would fit in a jumper valve tap?

I hope it make sense.

Any suggestions are much apricated.

Jh

2. CowPat

CowPat Well-Known Member

3. jonas

jonas Member

Thanks

The problem is when I install the spindle and screw it all the way in – there is not enough thread left to fix the lock nut.
    Hence I was hoping you can get an 'extended' spindle for ceramic discs that can fit a jumper valve.
    Would the above Hydroseal work in my case?

JH

4. PJ1

PJ1 Well-Known Member

I replaced all our taps with ceramics years ago and I seem to remember that there were several length valves. Some to suit in wall taps and shorter ones for sink top installations.
    You could take the ceramic valve section to tradelink and explain the situation, they should be able to advise a work around.

5. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I put ceramic ones in last year. I do remember there being different size spindles.

Mine have worked fine except they are a little noisy.

Half a turn of the tap and you get full flow which is awesome .

Here's a photo of the them. I still got to grout the tiles as you can see. I'll get around to it one day.

Redwing likes this.