Changing business structure to get loan?

Discussion in 'Business Accounting, Tax & Legal' started by Semaj, 3rd Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Semaj

Semaj Member

Hi I was wondering if it is possible to change a business structure to increase loan eligibility. For example my understanding is under an ABN sole trader you need to provide 2 years worth of tax returns to lenders whereas full time employees a couple months worth of payslips is adequate? If the business structure was changed from sole trader to i.e company or something else would it ever be possible to run a business and only provide couple of months of payslips to apply for a loan?

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

only if you didn't own the company - or your spouse

3. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

The entity must have verifiable income for a full doc loan, if you and often even a family member has directorship or majority shareholding.

There may be easier ways around this.

We have managed to get loans sorted with as little as 6 mths in Business where the end work type is the same as what was dine previously on a PAYG basis. If its a clean skin biz, then an alt doc product would be the only way usually

ta
    rolf

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.