Changes to society from COVID-19

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Lizzie, 25th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Buynow

Buynow Well-Known Member

My large corporate office in prime Sydney CBD is currently running at 2% occupancy as nearly everyone is working from home. I think the CFO will look at that potentIal cost saving and think about how to realise some of it; not sure if office trusts are the best place to be right now......

gman65, skater and Lizzie like this.
  2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

The sad thing that many of the countries who are doing badly DID have a plan - they just didn't follow it. Sometimes its due to the political beast and sometimes its just because no one wants to make that hard call - call it too early and people will hang you for their not being an issue as you nipped it in the bud too early with harsh measures - call it too late and well we all know what happens then.

Hindsight will give some answers but we (not Australia, the whole world) are still in the early days of COVID-19. In 2 years time there might be some retrospective answers but even then the data from some countries might not be trustworthy or even accurate due to not enough testing.

Lizzie, paulF and wylie like this.
  3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Agreed, i think hotdesking which was vastly unpopular but introduced anyway by a number of companies - will be seen as more of a sensible choice if people are going to work from home 2 days a week and in the office 3 days etc

Buynow and wylie like this.
  4. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

MTR and Gockie like this.
  5. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Thoroughly sanitizing said hot desk after this event too!

The Y-man

Buynow and Westminster like this.
  6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I am wearing leggings for work every day.

7. random

random Well-Known Member

Maybe l'm dreamin but l'm half expecting covid to just fade away come next year and life to go back to pretty well normal .
    Or maybe a vax makes it not matter anymore , don't know.
    But l am afraid Australia will just use it as a welcome excuse to bring in even more rules and laws and regulations and nanny state us to death even more so later too, something they thrive on here .
    But sadly l think all this will also speed up already disappearing shops and retail by about 10yrs too, which is gonna be such a shame, so many that do survive will probably just stay online now later.
    Probably a lot of modified working situations will just stay too , probably be 50x the people working from home later than there was before too. All kinds of places have rushed into figuring out how to deliver too now and ways, think that'll stay and just increase even more so.

8. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I don't think it'll fade away - I suspect we'll just get used to living with it and it'll be come "just another disease" one might catch

9. random

random Well-Known Member

God only knows.