Business Banking & Finance Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking?

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Laurence.L, 19th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Laurence.L

Laurence.L New Member

Hi,

I've been in the education industry for a couple of years, and am now thinking of doing a career switch, and becoming a mortgage broker has somewhat caught my attention.

Between (1) studying for a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking, say through Kaplan, and then look for a company to hire me and (2) looking for a mortgage company, e.g. Red Rock, which also provides training and mentorship, which do you reckon is a better choice?

What are also some of the things I need to watch out before joining a company?

Thank you in advance!

2. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

Hiya

Don't worry so much about the training and the company you may or may not join. Be more concerned about what you bring to the table for your client

We do lots of mentoring work in different areas and the success is much more in the mentees actions and behaviours than the mentors enablement.

Question 1 would be why do you want to be a broker, and what resources do you have. That wil help a lot with the do I go out on my own, or do I need to be managed.

Ta

Rolf

Ian87 and Jess Peletier like this.