centralcoastlife#

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by rajiv, 23rd Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. rajiv

rajiv New Member

Hi My name is Rajiv currently looking to move to central coast from Sydney, My budget is around the mark of $500k and mainly looking for house, Can someone please suggest what would be the good areas to live in? I'll be considering good schools, local shops, good transportation, Any comments or help would be appreciated?

L3ha7 likes this.
  2. beertank23

beertank23 Well-Known Member

Are you looking to commute back to Sydney for work?

3. rajiv

rajiv New Member

Thanks beertank 23 for your reply. it doesn't really matter about commuting to sydney but it will be big positive if I can get something close to transportation. Doesn't have to be close to beaches as I'm willing to travel as far as it's safe and nice healthy environment around. Ive heard good and bads of the suburbs but i guess every coin has 2 sides so Im currently open to hear more responses, thanks for your time in advance.

4. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Most of the areas of the central coast have their pluses and minuses and they' re all quite different , eg pearl beach , booker bay , Hardy's bay , Macmasters beach and Terrigal are all nice places I like , but they are totally different .

Terrigal is double bay on the coast , Macmasters is more an old surf beach style suburb , booker bay is closer to woy why / ettalong and looks out over the rip with deep water frontages , hardy's bay and pearl beach are very nice quiet back waters with some very expensive properties on the water and more affordable away from the water .

Woy woy has the advantage of being the first major town on the train to Sydney . Gosford is the commercial centre , but probably hasn't developed as well over the last 20 years as it could have . East Gosford is a bit nicer and point Frederick is nicer still .

Woy woy is a working class suburb , best know for being the home of spike milligan's mum ( google if you havent heard of him...) which has had attempts at moving up market . Umina and ettalong border woy woy on the water and have a mixture of nice and very standard properties .

It really comes down to life style and I'd go up there and drive around looking at different places . When I first got married , we spent a couple of weekends driving around looking for nice places to spend weekends and picked on pearl beach and over the next few years we spent several holidays and weekends up there renting properties . If only we'd bought somewhere back then .....

Cliff

5. rajiv

rajiv New Member

Thanks cliff. I'm tossing up between woy woy, Umina and gosford but I've heard some nasty comments about both woy woy and Umina so it's really hard to come up with conclusion.

6. Propertyman

Propertyman Well-Known Member

For $500k your options for a house around East Gosford/Springfield will be very limited. Most houses in that area are selling for circa $600k at a minimum. You could look at Wyoming but I'm personally not a fan of the area. You are definitely priced out of Point Frederick with that budget

Propertunity likes this.
  7. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

I haven't heard any bad stuff re woy woy or umina re suburbs as a whole , though you might get an occasional dud neighbour .

Cliff

8. beertank23

beertank23 Well-Known Member

Wyong? 10 minutes to Shelly beach. Two major train stations. Buses. 2 minutes to the M1.

9. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Looking for a PPOR different to an IP. Sounds like you need to jump in the car on the weekend and go check out some areas.

L3ha7 likes this.
  10. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I sometimes cruise up and down the coast checking out properties (not looking for hitch hikers).

It's a good idea (as mentioned) to have a look for yourself.

Pick your suburb and check it out. You may go "whao, not for me thank you" or "yeah, this place is pretty cool, plenty of single mums and a Maccas only a block away".

Obviously, we all have different tastes lol.

Stormster87, See Change and L3ha7 like this.
  11. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

My grandparents bought in Pearl Beach in 1973. I spent my childhood up there during the holidays. Awesome place, but more of a holiday place. Sadly they sold it about 10 years ago. :(