NSW Central Coast - Tuggerah/Hamlyn Terrace

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Rison, 17th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Still room for more then.

2. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

Gosford and Wyong Councils to voluntarily merge.

Not sure of impact if any, but definitely an interesting move.

3. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

I went to go and look at a property in gorokan on Saturday but it was sold.

4. larrylarry

Did you know the sold price?

5. Brian84

No I didn't ask and it wasn't on on the house. It looked like a good buy so I knew it wouldn't last long. It needed some work.

6. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Better to be at the Lake Haven end of Gorokan close to the big shopping centre in my opinion.
    Its a mixture of private housing and Dept of Housing but dont let that put you off.
    Tenants are easy to get if your close to the shopping centre and a mix of elderly and young people.

Im sure this area is still growing though .
    I do love the Lake Haven area .
    I have a IP in this area so will hang on for a year or so.

Last edited by a moderator: 16th Nov, 2015
  7. Brian84

The property was 1km from the shops.

8. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I was up there yesterday. Just had a drive by. Went to Lake Haven shops .....bunnings etc.

I saw people who appeared familiar from Mt Druitt.

One fella was walking through the shops drinking beer from a bottle in a brown paper bag lol.

Had a chook around Lake Haven Drive, Goro Ave. $600 K houses there are worth one mill in Sydney.
    Woongarrah looks nice. Toukley is old and tired and tugg Lakes stinks.

Went back to Lake Have shops and had a laugh at the losers walking around. Thought to myself, I could fit in here lol.

This is a real Aussie area. Even the Chinese Rest just up on the highway had fair dinkum Aussie accent girls working there.

I kinda like the place.

Brian84 and larrylarry like this.
  9. larrylarry

Reminds me of Parramatta.

datto likes this.
  10. Darlinghurst Boy

Yes I have fell in love with LakeHaven, of course the difference between MT Druitt and LakeHaven is the area is the people are a lot friendlier in Lake Haven.

Gorokan Drive has a mix of beutiful private houses and Trashy Dept of Housing .
    But just recently an ex Dept of Housing house sold for 375k in Gorokan Drive !

The only reason i like this area is because its close to shopping Centre, schools,bus stops,Community Centres, hospital etc and if you drive then Sydney City is only a hour and 20 minutes away.
    I do believe the CG is still growing, I hope so anyway.

If i had another 400k i would definitely buy another IP in this area.

11. Darlinghurst Boy

The Northern Part of the Central Coast continues to rise, Lake Haven, Gorokan , San Remo etc etc .
    I bought my IP in the Lake Haven area mid this year after looking more North at Newcastle (jesmond area) the agent didnt accept my high offer so i got frustrated and on the way back to Sydney stopped off at Lake Haven.

Was again looking at Newcastle for my next IP but something drew me back to the NSW Central Coast and again in buying in Lake Haven.
    I was up there again today looking and there is some good bargains on the market.

San Remo has also gone skybusters , theres still room for growth in these Central Coast areas with the new shopping centre that a local told me about today during my doorknocking.
    So hot today to do the walks through the streets looking for information but met a lot of good knowledgeable locals some who even invited me in for cold drinks.
    I found my other IP thru doorknocking and was a owner who had a problem tenant,snapped up that bargain and now is rented out at a better rental after fixing it.

A lot of discussion today with locals over the Chnese Theme park, proposed Airport, new shopping centres going up etc .
    Wont be back up there until next week however .

Last edited by a moderator: 26th Nov, 2015
  12. larrylarry

13. sash

sash Well-Known Member

If you must buy...I would chose an existing house in Mardi, Tuggerah any day....the proximity the Westfields and Freeway is a big pulling card.

They are also looking to release more land near Mardi ...not a lot...but if it does happen it will push up the prices of existing stock and will never be hard to rent. The old smaller Portland homes products are a pearler...

14. larrylarry

Thanks Sash. The entry point for CC properties in general has gone up a lot and yield is average, I feel. I've looked at tuggerawong's big blocks but prone to flooding. Gotta make sure my money is well spent. :)

15. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Agree...money better spend elsewhere...

I was referring to Tuggerah (next to Mardi and Westfield there).....not Tuggerawong ..agree would not touch that one.

16. larrylarry

Yes I meant Tuggerawong. I'll keep my options open but unlikely to buy one in CC, atm.

17. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Talk about HTW hedging their bets on this: "The predictions for 2016 are well publicised, with some analysts expecting ongoing increases in property values, others saying the market will plateau and some predicting falling market values.
    Each scenario has the potential to emerge (italics mine) and what will eventuate will most likely be the result of government fiscal policy, general economic forces,lending practices and whatever the media tells us."

Whatever it does, they were right. What the?

18. larrylarry

I think so too, they're not willing to firm their opinions. It was also interesting to hear about the demand of waterfront apartments in Gosford.

My not very sophisticated view of some desirable suburbs in the CC is that they have grown in prices and I have missed the boat based on my conservative budget for an IP.

19. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

Would you care to share your "conservative" budget? :)

20. larrylarry

$400K. I have to look elsewhere. Haaaa