Central coast NSW - dual occ? ''floor space ratio"

Discussion in 'Development' started by Rinnia, 13th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rinnia

Rinnia New Member

Hi

This is my first question here so hoping its not too stupid! I am looking at some properties in the same street. Zoning is R2 - low density res.

This Property has an area of 974m2 mostly cleared land (one problem tree) and an existing cottage of about 116m2 at the bottom of the block (a cosmetic reno needed & add a deck). There appears to be sufficient land to build another house in front of it.(dual occupancy - i.e. 2 detached dwellings)

Gosford LEP says the floor space ratio for R2 is 0.5. Does this just mean that the land area must have no more than 50% of space occupied by structures? i.e ground floor space? does it include additional storeys or decks which are above the ground? So land can have coverage of up to 487m2- leaves 371m2 left for the ground floor/garage of second dwelling? If I add a deck to the cottage will it count? Max building height is 8.5m.

thanks so much!

2. SmileSydney

SmileSydney Well-Known Member

3. Rinnia

Rinnia New Member

4. SmileSydney

SmileSydney Well-Known Member

New rules apply to detached as well. It covers a number of different medium density housing options including dual occupancies (dettached or not), manor houses and terraces.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

FSR is the total amount of building you can construct on thesite contingent on the other controls in the LEP, DCP & other relevant planning instruments.

Ignoring for the moment all other controls, you are permitted to build 50% x 974 m² or 487 m² structure - this could be a Tower with a 1 x 1m base x 487m high. Planning controls would limit height, setbacks , overlooking etc.

The controls then allow you to work out how to maximise your building for the site. This may be the parts of the building which are counted or excluded, garden areas, private space etc.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF