Cbus (pseudo) self managed super. Got $40k in your fund?

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by Steven Ryan, 30th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Australian Super also have this function.

2. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Very easy to set up and use. From memory it was about $21/trade. I made a bit over haf a dozen.

You can buy by # of shares, value of shares etc. I tested and the max spend on a single share (10% of your fund balance) and managed funds e.g. cbus property, cbus infrastructure (25%) .

3. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Ain't got $40K in super :oops:
    I have them in ING - to trade it needs a trading account with some yearly costs etc. so still considering.

4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Very cool @Steven Ryan
    Is this your play money to get a feel for the market? Then later hit it harder to diversify?

5. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

I won't be relying on my super, so happy to end up with a $0 balance conducting some learning experiments. Ideally though, I'd like to outperform the generic cbus options, multiply my balance until it's large enough to convert to SMSF, then give it to family.

EN710 likes this.
  6. MRO

MRO Well-Known Member

No cashflow problems and not my business anyway. I just comply with the law and pay on the terms legislated by the government. I dont pay early based on bullying attempts by these jerks.

A bit like a landlord turning up everyday at your doorstep asking for daily rent payments.

I like to highlight the problem rather than sit back and do nothing, toughen up sweetheart and stand up for yourself against this mob.

7. tess_

tess_ Well-Known Member

Thanks, great post.

A while back I was looking into self-managing super without going to the full SMSF, and also low cost index funds in super, this resource was really helpful for me when I was trying to get my head around the various providers.
    http://superannuationfreak.blogspot.com.au/

8. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

Yep. I am using this function now. I bought shares myself and easily beat the ASX index over the last 12 months. I used to be on BT and their management fees were very expensive and return were not good.