CBA's temp work policy

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by albanga, 22nd Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Hey Brokers,

What is CBA's policy on temp work as I want to know to what capacity I can use my wife for servicing?

She is temping through an agency, 1 year contract through to December (although its only a matter of time before they make her perm). Contract is 4 days per week although they are constantly asking her to work 5 and she is getting paid OT.

In the same industry for the past 6 years, been in this particular job since December but before that had 3 months off.

Thanks in advance

2. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Just curious, how are you going to use this information? Without the CBA servicing calculator its pretty meaningless isn't it?

FYI, there's be a good chance they would take the last 3 months annualized at 100% and the OT at 80%. Working for an agency is the same as casual employment, except for westpac, who wont use agency income at all.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Do we need the gritty detail @albanga ? (Only joking)

S.T, Terry_w and albanga like this.
  4. albanga

I dont want to know how much I can service, I just wanted to know if they would accept it. From your reply though it seems they will :)
    Thankfully we are not with Westpac!!!!

Cheers @tobe

5. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Payslips and a copy of the employment contract and they should be fine. They probably won't accept the extra day very easily though. We were recently asked for 12 months of bank statements to verify extra income.

albanga likes this.
  6. albanga

The extra day I am not too fussed about, we are about to take a 10 day holiday which she will not get paid for so I dare say when it comes time to annualise the payment it will probably come to the 4 days anyway.

Interesting about the employment contract though because really all she signed was a very basic employment agreement, i had her send this to me and it actually made no mention of her days and rate! I'll ask her to follow them up and see what they have or if they can provide something a bit more substantial.

7. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I understand cba will use the normal time with 3mths payslips. 6mths will get you the 80% of ot.

legallyblonde likes this.
  8. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Cba are generally pretty good with contract employment - they will annualise the YTD income on the latest payslip

albanga likes this.