CBA owner occupied, variable from 3.9%

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Sue, 23rd May, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

@Jess Peletier ...3.75% for 2 years fixed is not bad ( i think). Will the same apply to someone who wants to keep 20% variable and 80% fixed ( just an example )

Also under wealth package what will be IP rates?..if plan to borrowing new loan of 400K.

Many thanks in advance.

2. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Haha looks like I've popped back at the right time.

Branch wouldn't of been able to write the exact deal once it was submitted through a broker already, you're all aware the bank has arrangements in place to stop this.

As for timeframe my deals getting approved, not a single issue to report :) sorry guys smooth sailing here.

My maximum turnaround time is 2 days if have all the required documents, thats if it needs to be assessed by a credit offer. Which only happens if I'm doing some out of policy stuff or company/trust structures

A lot of extra staff outside of HLDC have been taking up extra hours to catch up on the back log - I know I was offered to work a Saturday.

Elives likes this.
  3. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

3.75% will apply to whatever portion you wish to fix - but it's PPOR rate, not IP. At the moment, CBA are doing low 4's for IP - depending on LVR, total lending etc.

L3ha7 likes this.
  4. Dean Collins

Dean Collins Well-Known Member

wish some of these rates were pushing down fixed terms for investors.....really starting to be a seperate disparity between IP and OO

5. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

worstpac at 399............. but its not all gold.

ta
    rolf

6. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

It seems they're trying to compete with CBA for worst turn arounds. Just when they finally offer something worthwhile, they undo the good work with crap service. :(

7. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Hi @Jess Peletier , i think this is only for new money not for refinance with the same lender. We are buying an IP and aking a new loan as borrowing money is more(OO + IPs)

But i don't think Can will give 3.74% because we are existing customers

8. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

Didn't quiet follow you post - but 3.74% 2YR Fixed with CBA can be for existing or new money long as it's PPOR

L3ha7 likes this.
  9. L3ha7

L3ha7 Well-Known Member

Thanks @Brady , i will check

10. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

next day for my tribe............ but.we have same arrangement with ANZ, xcept for some deals they are now with cba ....... 3 weeks :(

ta
    rolf

11. Tattler

Tattler Well-Known Member

My broker is offering me 3.95% OO and 4.12% IP rate, with IO of 5 years via CBA. Is this the standard offering now ($1.73 million)?

Also can IO for CBA be 10 years? My broker said that after 5 years just make a call and they will extend another 5 years, however 5 years is a long time for them to change policies. Can this be locked down to 10 years from application?

12. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Thats not too bad from CBA - rate discounts from there have fallen of late. A few weeks ago you'd get another 5 bps on the Owner Occupier lending for sure, but its wound back a bit of late.

Yes can do 10 year I/O - but can be difficult to access given they harshly penalise you on their borrowing power calculator for a 10 year I/O vs a 5 year I/O. They essentially bump up the assessment rate on debt with longer I/O terms. You need to demonstrate servicing over a 20 year loan term rather than a 25 year loan term. Your broker may have run servicing and mentioned the 5 year option as the only possible one.

CBA extension of I/O is pretty good - near market leading to date. But yes, can definitely change over time, particularly in this environment.

Gingin likes this.