QLD Carseldine vs Bridgeman Downs for capital growth (IP)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Triska, 22nd Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Triska

Triska New Member

Hi There

Newbie here. I'm looking to buy an IP for $650K-$700K. The areas I'm considering are Carseldine/Boondall/Bracken Ridge and Bridgeman Downs.

What are your thoughts about capital growth over the next 10 years for these suburbs? Carseldine area seems better for roads to the city, access to airport, train stations, schools and shopping, and is a bit cheaper. B/Downs seems to be much further away from schools, city and airport. Why is it so much more expensive than Carseldine area? If the drivers for capital growth are: proximity to work, transport, schools, recreation and shopping, which area will have greater capital growth in the 10-15year timeframe? And which area will continually attract good quality tenants?

The houses I'm considering are similar size - 4 bedroom, low set, brick & tile. Carseldine area houses are a bit older (up to 20 yo), Bridgeman Downs approx 4 years old.

I would really appreciate your thoughts, especially if you have local Brisbane knowledge (I'm in Melb).

Thanks!

2. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

Bridgeman downs more expensive as it has a lot of mcmansions. I'd probably prefer Carseldine for capital growth based on nothing more than its way more convenient.

Triska likes this.
  3. Triska

Triska New Member

When you say convenient, do you mean convenient to schools, shops etc?

4. Northy85

Northy85 Well-Known Member

Bridgeman Downs is stupidly over priced for what it is. There isn't even any shops there.

Carseldine has some nice areas (winery streets). When we were looking to buy we settled with Albany Creek but Carseldine was a close contender. Maybe look at Arana Hills, Ferny Grove, Keperra, Zillmere and Gebung too. You've got a pretty good budget.

Triska likes this.
  5. Triska

Triska New Member

Thanks. Ideally, I want to buy a house < 10 years old so the winery streets are no good. Prices in Carseldine, Boondall, Fitzgibbon, Bracken Ridge etc are nuts, hard pressed to get anything decent (newish, 4 bed) fir under $630k.

I offered $612k on a place in Fitzgibbon on the weekend. There were more than 15 offers. It sold for over $650k. Totally overpriced but that is the market at the moment.

6. Northy85

Northy85 Well-Known Member

Jesus! Yea I'm so far out with my prices now and it's only been a few months into this boom. A lot of agents aren't releasing their sold prices to realestate.com.au either so it's hard to gauge the extent of things.

I went to an open on Saturday in Albany Creek, the house stank and needed a reno, it was on a busy road but was still packed with people. It's now under offer after that one 30 minute open home! Listed for offers over 549k.

You may need to look at Strathpine and Kallangur too then. Good luck.

7. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

Public transport, getting to the city, shops.

Pretty much everything.

Triska likes this.

We provide our clients with the opportunity to select their own investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities. We provide the research to ensure your selections will achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.