Cars & Motorbikes Cars-what percentage of your net worth?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Barny, 29th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Cars-what percentage of your net worth?

1. 0-2%

79 vote(s)
    65.3%
  2. 3-5%

24 vote(s)
    19.8%
  3. 5%+

10 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. 10%+

5 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. 15%+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 20%+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 30%+

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Big Dave,

You got to clip your dogs nails once in a while.

2. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Yeah I was kidding bout it buffing out. Fresh paint and detail will look like new.
    Yes I keep hearing they rattle a lot. I just love that exhaust note. I think the new vf series 2 would be a nice buy in a year or so. Also great sound track and much cheaper. I think that might be in my budget and something I can justify spending.

3. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Affalterbach Muscle and thoroughbred cash cows for me

4. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    I take one for a real drive every day and there isn’t a rattle or a Corolla finish in sight .

Last edited: 12th Sep, 2018
  5. Morgs

Morgs Well-Known Member Business Member

Second this!

And 0-2% is about right

6. BobbinJohn

BobbinJohn Member

What a silly metric....if your net worth is $5mil then you would be silly to spend $500k on cars because $4.5mil is probably not enough to support a decent lifestyle assuming your PPOR was thrown in the mix.

If your net worth is $50m then having $5m worth of cars as a hobby will have little to no impact on your life as $45mil is still plenty to live off and will continue to bring in significant income

Both scenarios is 10% of your net worth

So real question is...how rich are you?

7. astonma

astonma Well-Known Member

8. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member

A girl in a blue dress ?

9. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member

10. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

I picked up an M50D for the boss about a year ago as well and offloaded a supercharged V8 Rangey. She LOVES the X5.

I find it does everything very well, and I enjoy driving it, but coming from the beast and other fun stuff in the past, I find it doesn't quite have the "theatre" when you drive. Take nothing away from the X5, it's brilliant but I miss the V8.

I reckon the RC F is a beast too. I used to LOVE the IS F when it came out. Never drove one though.

11. Jelly01

Jelly01 Member

Depends how much you like cars I guess. When I was 30 I did something rash and bought a sports car that was about 14% of my net worth at the time - I think it was a worthwhile investment and I'd do it again in hindsight. I splurge on nothing else (other than investments), my other living expenses are modest and I'm prepared to sink a fair chunk of cash every 5 years for something that makes me happy every time I look at it and buy it.

Stoffo likes this.
  12. BobbinJohn

BobbinJohn Member

Like all things, it comes down to attitude. People who consider their cars an a to b necessity will never understand how anyone can spend more than $34,990 driveaway for any vehicle. A true car enthusiast will consider owning that dream car a huge motivation and actually owning it will provide so much positive vibes it'll allow them to keep achieving more.

Also, owning certain cars can put you in contact with other individuals via car clubs, drive/track days etc who may also be successful in business, and sharing that passion can often lead to more business opportunities. If you are as ballsy as Chris Gray for example you can put promo decals all over your murcielago which would make your supercar a marketing tool as well

Jelly01 likes this.
  13. PandS

PandS Well-Known Member

He is a modest person

he owns private jet because he can go to places you cant go with commercial airliner and avoid the whole airport hassles and he travel a lot to save time and effort.

and that beach house cost similar money to his current home a couple hundred K when he bought it. His net worth at the time is 34 million, for someone who has that much money and bought a beach house for 150K US that is modest to me

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia