Carpet colour ideas - help!

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by jaybean, 18th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Carpet is about 10+ years, I plan on replacing it whenever the current tenant vacates.

Anyone with more design sense than me want to chime in? Note that it's a relatively dark apartment (ground floor, but it's west facing so there is still decently lit, just not super bright):

G07/501 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000

I kind of like the grey as it contrasts nicely with the white and red, but I figure I'd see if anyone has any better ideas.

Last edited: 18th Nov, 2016
  2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I like the colour it is now. It doesn't look bad, but maybe looks worse than it looks in that photo.

I'm not in love with the red wall, and maybe if you do something between tenants, you could tone that down. I think it brings that wall inwards and makes the room darker than it would be with a light colour wall.

Nice room by the way, and I love the big windows...

3. jaybean

Great advice thanks! Yup I love it too. That building has high ceilings and like 1ft thick walls. Really old school. Big windows and big open spaces. I don't think it's just me as it's a tightly held building, no more than 1-2 sales a year for the last 5 years or something. I have a thing for these old buildings...don't build em like they used to!!!

Yes I've been split about what to do with that feature wall. What color would you recommend?

4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I would paint it the same as the other walls and let the artwork do the "look at me" stuff.

Gockie likes this.
  5. jaybean

Yup good point. Would be cheaper too if I did it all white lol

6. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I like current too, I did dark charcoal carpets in my sydney ppor and they looked great with light grey walls, white trim and adjoining the blackbutt timber floors.

Toon likes this.
  7. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I just ordered some grey carpet through carpet court
    Affinity, Botanica - Nylon, Cut Pile Twist Carpet | Carpet Court Australia

The "grey ember" colour but ask for the echo twist - it's nearly half the price!
    I haven't seen it in the flesh, the lady on the phone sounded nice and knew what i was going on about and said this was best for an IP and a little bit fancy ;)

Anyone needing carpet in western sydney I highly recommend carpet court st marys! :D