Carbon Monoxide Testing? Any1 else do this regularly?

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by psylence, 5th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. psylence

psylence Member

My agent just sent me an email requesting $170 to do 24monthly gas service -

Victoria’s gas safety regulator, Energy Safe Victoria, and the Plumbing Industry Commission recommend getting your gas appliances serviced every two years to keep families safe. Landlords and their agents have particular responsibilities under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 to ensure gas appliances in rented accommodation are safe to use and properly maintained.

The service is conducted every 24 months with properties visited by DJS Melbourne Plumbing Solutions during APRIL-SEPTEMBER. It is highly recommend for you to participate in this service to assist with your landlord insurances and duty of care.

2. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

I get the heater checked every two years.

Though, usually, it is done when there is an issue with the gas central heating. Because they are there anyway, they do a 'service' which includes carbon monoxide testing.

If this didn't occur, I would get it done at the beginning of winter.

3. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

According to my agent I have to get it done every 2 years. So I do

4. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

A CO detector is a good secondary device. If you have stupid tenants it could save their life. Like bringing the weber, pizza oven or a BBQ inside or near a window if its raining. Unflued heaters, broken flue or defective heaters too.

Family First Carbon Monoxide Alarm