Car prices still accelerating

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Car tart, 21st Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

The auction was in grenfell Nsw and whilst I didn’t go two of my mates went and recorded it on video. It was reported on over a dozen sites. And on TV.

2. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

3. Empire

Empire Well-Known Member

The bmw 335i's are the "modern supra", anyone reckon they'll become valuable?

4. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

The story is it was a deceased estate and it went to auction as the will was contested by either the son or stepson. These were the two guys going at it at auction and actual sold cost was half the perceived sold cost, as proceeds of sale would be split 50/50

5. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

Its simple maths so your comment is illogical.

Giving up $55,000 plus spending another $55,500, plus losing the fees on the sale, plus paying the fees on the purchase costs over $111,000 and not around $50k as you claim.

To prove:
    Second highest bidder was $110,000, he would have received $55,000 in his pocket.

Highest bidder was $111,000 so he is $55,500 out of pocket.

So the maths is the difference between +$55,000 and -$55,500 = $110,500 plus fees.

Can you show me the maths that in anyway shows that car costing only $50k.

6. mickyyyy

mickyyyy Well-Known Member

Apologies I thought it was 50k as I was under the impression it sold for 100k

It's a strange story and hard to believe but it is what it is

7. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Nah don't think so, maybe a little when the m3's of that age become too expensive then the next logiacal car to get would be the 335. Stick to m's if looking looooooong term.

8. diagnostic

diagnostic Well-Known Member

Long term, a good condition LCI E92 M3 Comp/Frozen with super low klms would appreciate more than a 335. They are coming down a fair bit in price currently, only V8 M3 ever made and last of the 2 doors. If I had surplus funds, this is the car I would be going for based on prices of the E30/36/46 M3.

All the JDM classics are also up there in value as it's very hard to find a raw modern equivalent of those cars, all the new ones are packed with tech.... ie. FC/FD RX7, GTR, Supra, NSX.