Capital Wealth Managers

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Mishutak, 24th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mishutak

Mishutak Member

Has anyone heard of Capital Wealth Managers Home from Gold Coast?
    We have recently attended their seminar, and they looked very professionally. They are providing financial investment services mainly focusing on property investment. I have discovered nothing wrong in their presentation so far - it's definitely not a typical scum scheme where you're promised to get millions within a year. Their strategy is for middle to long terms (10 + years) however they are talking too much about tax minimization via negative gearing. As I'm very new in property investment would be very helpful to have any feedback on them.

2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

What are they selling? Is it off the plan units in Brisbane?

3. Mishutak

Mishutak Member

They claim they sell nothing and have no associations with the real estate agencies as well as property developers. They say they source the newly established properties (like property buyers agents) - at this stage not mentioning any specific locations.

4. Mishutak

Mishutak Member

Attended their "Expo" where they really did try to sell off the plan houses in Queensland. I believe their intention was to make people to sign up with them "on the spot". I explained that such a decision cannot be made "on the spot", and we walked away. Later I sought in www.realestate.com.au the prices at the land and house packages in the same area - they were significantly lower however there were not too many offers.
    They also told me about such a thing as "rental assurance" agreement that would allegedly guarantee the rent income. Never heard of such form of a legal document however I can possibly be just not educated in this.

5. BarneyRubble

BarneyRubble Well-Known Member

6. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

I'll qualify my answers by saying I've never heard of the company or gone to their website. So I am just answering in general.

I like this.

I really don't like this if it is one of their major selling points. Negative gearing is loosing money with the hope that you make it back in capital gains in the future. While you should claim negative gearing where possible it shouldn't be your goal.

Are you sure you have the experience to analyse this? IMO those with the experience to identify something wrong with an initial presentation are unlikely to want to sign up.

There are lots of negative stories around companies like this. While I am not against using a BA to help you purchase a suitable property I think that these types of companies often cost too much and don't allow you to develop the skills to empower yourself in the long term.

BTW what are you hoping to achieve by investing in property?

7. Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker Well-Known Member

Buyers agents, generally speaking, don't source new housing stock. How do they get paid?

8. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Follow the money and it should bring to light their position - how are they getting paid.

If its by you in terms of a fee for service - make sure its ONLY by you. Otherwise their interest isn't solely in assisting you achieve their goals, it may be from a seller/developer. Ask for full transparency in their remuneration - they should provide it to you.

radson likes this.
  9. Mishutak

Mishutak Member

It's all clear now... The property they "source" for their customers are significantly more expensive than off the plan houses advertised in the same suburb. I just can't believe that people are able to sign up on the spot not doing any research themselves !

Cadbury99 likes this.
  10. Mishutak

Mishutak Member

I hoping to replace my current income at least partially by the investment one in long terms as I understand that short terms won't work here.
    BTW, they leverage on the use of negative gearing (that's why they offer brand new properties) just to minimize negative cash flow. I believe this makes the whole deal more attractive for a novice like myself.
    Once I felt the're trying to put some pressure on us to sign up with them on the spot I immediately walked away - in my personal opinion such important decisions cannot be made instantaneously.

11. Mishutak

Mishutak Member

As mortgage brokers as they do the finance as well. This is what they say - however I discovered that this probably is not all... Just read my post from today.

12. Alex

Alex New Member

Hi Mishutak, this is a bit late but I'm new to this site. I just want to throw in that we have used Capital Wealth Managers in the past, last year actually, and they were great. They were very professional and they helped us achieve what we wanted. We'll probably be using their services again this year.

13. radson

radson Well-Known Member

What did you want and how did you achieve it in one year? Coming from a first time poster offering glowing endorsement of company without any specifics or constructive criticism?

Hedgy and Oshawott like this.
  14. Hedgy

Hedgy Well-Known Member

rental guarantees are a major red flag for me.

Terry_w likes this.
  15. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Call me cyncial but this is your first and only post so far. Are you associated with that company in anyway?

radson likes this.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia