Cant find any information about the developer online

Discussion in 'Development' started by dunfoss, 10th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dunfoss

dunfoss Member

Hi All

This is my first post in the forum, although I have been reading and learning for a while now.

We are a couple with a new born, we wanted to buy a house for us to live in, but buying in a suburb (Mount waverly, Oakliegh, Carnegie - yes we had no idea how expensive houses were until we started looking) we wanted to live in was not affordable.

So we decided to start with an investment property, for ~$400K, and eventually get into a house of our own. However when we started speaking to mortgage brokers, we were advised to go for a PPOR to get the FHOG & Stamp Duty savings, specifically if buying OTP.

We figured that's not a bad suggestion, hence we started looking for OTP houses purely because it will give us more time to save extra money. Finally we did find a place of our interest (chadstone), the price is negotiable ~750K, and its a townhouse. But I havent been able to find anything about this developer, they are called "awesome australia". We really like the place but do not want to get into a contract without knowing who the developer is and if they will successfully complete the project.

Has any one heard of this company or have advice that will help us?

Best

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

3. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

If it is more than 3 townhouses on the site, PM me the address and I can look up in my system.

4. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

5. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

Awesome are the developer, If you are talking about the Adrian street development then they are using a company called Glenvill as their builders. Glenvill are a large and well known company.

Obviously do your own research into them and take my comments as my own personal comments not representative of any company but it's not some fly by night company that will build you a sub standard house.

6. dunfoss

dunfoss Member

Thank you all for your response. @Dan that is property I am in about, my concern was more about the dev than the builder, like you've mentioned glenvill are established.

7. dunfoss

dunfoss Member

Hi BigWill I am not able to figure out how to pm you