Canberra proposed RZ1/2 changes - Mr Fluffy

Discussion in 'Development' started by Mooze, 19th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mooze

Mooze Well-Known Member

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/rezon...-for-canberra-developers-20150221-13huz9.html

The ACT Govt is currently proposing to change the zoning of any Mr Fluffy block over 700m to RZ2 - if this goes ahead I wonder how long before there would be a challenge to allow others. Has anyone had much experience with ACT Govt and this type of development? (Savannah was a great wealth of knowledge but I haven't seen her around in a long time).

Currently we have a block between 700 - 800m in Duffy, corner block, no poorly affecting easements, close to school, views of Mt Taylor (especially if we went 2 story) and bus transport. Good buy when we bought it, but if these changes go through even better as I'd love to knock down the existing place and put up two houses (has always been long term plan - just waiting for the change that had to come at some point - especially with minimum lots in the new suburbs being 370m).

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.