Can I subdivide a 600 sqm block in manly council?

Discussion in 'Development' started by yvonnemeng, 30th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. yvonnemeng

yvonnemeng Member

Hi team,
    I currently own a place under Manly council remit. Can I subdivide or do dual occupancy on a block under low density residential zoning?
    Cheers
    Yvonne

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

What does the Manly LEP say?

Arnel likes this.
  3. yvonnemeng

yvonnemeng Member

Its not very straight forward like hornsby and blacktown. Not sure what sub zones mean

Controls Vehicular access. 3.3.4 The following controls apply to subdivision: a) Each allotment shall have a minimum 1m wide, fee simple, frontage and adequate vehicular access to a public road, which may not necessarily include the minimum 1m frontage; b) In density sub zones 4 to 7 the residential density controls determine the minimum allotment area for a real property subdivision; c) In density sub zones 1 to 3 the minimum permissible allotment size for a real property subdivision is 250m²; d) An application for subdivision that creates any allotment less than 500m² must identify on the subdivision plan that a dwelling can be successfully accommodated on each allotment, in compliance with this Plan;

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@yvonnemeng - Check the planning map to determine the zone where the property is situated, then the controls which apply to the area.

5. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

Pm me the address and I'll have a look when I get a moment.

Tranquilo likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia