Can I build a granny flat with less then 12m wide frontage?

Discussion in 'Granny Flats' started by Johnnyt., 3rd Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Johnnyt.

Johnnyt. New Member

Hi there, I'm just looking for some advice. I have a property in revesby nsw that is more then 900sq m but with a frontage only 11.4m wide.
    Could someone please tell me if a detatched granny flat can be built at the back?
    From my limited research I found to comply a property less then 900sq m has to have minimum 12m frontage, more then 900sq m has to be minimum 15m wide which puts me further out the ball park.
    Thank you any help would be appreciated

2. Joseph33

Joseph33 Well-Known Member

Even if you can’t meet the controls for the Sepp (state environmental planing policy) which is the controls you’re looking at, there is a good chance you can lodge a Da through your local council. Have a look at your councils local environmental policy (Lep) and their development control plan (dcp).

It will specify what their requirements are for a granny flat and may work better for you’re site.

It may take longer to get the da approval through council rather then A cdc approval through the Certifier but you might not have any other option.

also probably best to speak to an architect or draftsman as they’ll e able to advise you on the best solution.

MAP, Anthony416 and Archaon like this.
  3. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Anthony416 likes this.