Can anyone help me out with exemplar BP plans

Discussion in 'Development' started by Green, 3rd Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Green

Green Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I need to get a building permit to rebuild the roof on my damaged home in Melbourne - all timber members to be replaced with trusses. I have a decent understanding of CAD type software and want to make my own plans for the building permit, given I'm just replacing like for like I don't want to spend $2.5k on a draftsman.

Would anyone graciously be able to send me an exemplar of what their submission for a BP looks like? I take it I need a site plan, floor plan and some elevations..any help would be much appreciated!

Green

2. Beano

Beano Well-Known Member

I thought trusses need a engineer certificate ?

3. Green

Green Well-Known Member

Yes I will need engineering docs too, but that seems to be $500 to $1000 depending on who you talk to. But If I can save the $2.5k on architectural by DIY'ing that would be fantastic

4. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Don't you have a copy of the original plans ?
    If not these can be obtained cheaply from council

Hand plans to builder, who hands them to truss manufacturers, who use these measurements to calculate trusses, now builder has plans
    If builder even applies to council/private certifier (as it is a repair not a new build) these plans can be used...

Tufan Chakir likes this.
  5. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

Agree with Stuff - unless you are going to be an owner-builder and do the work yourself, have someone else package it all up in the project. Experts will know how to deal with the system and it's nuances...

Stoffo and Green like this.
  6. Green

Green Well-Known Member

I tried to request the plans from council to find they went up in flames...literally. They had a fire at their plans storage lot in 1990 and all plans before that went to ashes!

7. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Then it's down to a site measure and pic's
    Shouldn't take a few hour's to do some sketch plans
    Builder will always do a site measure prior to fabrication anyway
    Best part is council don't have plans to say what was existing :p

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.