NSW Campsie

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by squarepeg, 27th Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. squarepeg

squarepeg Member

Thoughts on capital gains in Campsie? With the Metro line going through there do you think prices will go up? At the moment it's still pretty affordable compared to a couple of suburbs up the line.

As a side note.. do you think Campsie will gentrify? Currently it is very Asian.

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

I don't think these 2 things are mutually exclusive. :confused: It can gentrify and still be Asian, no?

3. squarepeg

squarepeg Member

Correct. But using Marrickville as an example.. It def isn't as Vietnamese as it once was.

4. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

First up the metro:
    It's not a new line, just different trains in the existing corridor. Not sure how much impact that will have. If it was a whole new train line, there would be an impact.

The respective Asian communities:
    The early Vietnamese came to Marrickville in the mid to late 70s. There were more in the 80s. Many of these people were refugees. I suspect the growing Asian community in Campsie have a bit more money behind them.

Loverenting likes this.
  5. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Dont think the metro will have much effect apart from maybe some further rezoning around the stations.
    Most of Campsie is already high density, there are houses around the 1m range though if your ok with a tiny block.
    Are you looking for purely CG or rental yield?
    If yield is the name of the game look at Lakemba.
    Definately doesnt have the most appeal as a suburb but it is the cheapest area to buy in, roughly 30-40% cheaper than Campsie and only 1 suburb away.

Last edited: 27th Feb, 2020
  6. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

That would be the reason I'd move to Campsie! Banh mii, pho and bun on demand. Sign. Me. Up!

Westie likes this.