Camori Investments Super Annuation Fund..are they any good ?

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by Kuna_Learner, 11th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kuna_Learner

Kuna_Learner Active Member

Hi ,

I was last week called by Camori Investments to look into switching to their super annuation funds. They invest in Hub24 super funds and said they return close to 15 % return. My current super fund is pretty low sitting around 4-5 % after fees. So I have been trying to see if I can get a better return for the majority part of my 50k sitting on my super funds. Have you dealt with Camori Investments ? Can you please share your experience? Thanks

2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Why dId they call you?

Had you contacted them first?

If not, then I would be extremely suspicious. There are plenty of industry and low fee funds around who have long and sund reputations.

A return if 15% in the present economic conditions is extremely unlikely to be sustainable, and would only be possible with a high risk strategy - or they just made a few lucky investments.

Just remember - if it sounds to good to be true then run!
    Marg

3. Traders International

Traders International New Member

They are not a superfund, they are phone sales team, selling superannuation products.

Kuna_Learner likes this.
  4. BingoMaster

BingoMaster Well-Known Member

Run

5. cammot

cammot New Member

unfortunately I received one of these calls about 12 months ago..
    similar story and they got me in a moment of weakness, promised all sorts of returns and special treatment..
    long story short.. I rolled my $500k super into Camori investments and thier recommendations..
    lost almost 30K in fees....
    and now have $440k earning 1.5% after fees
    run as far as you can... they are not interested in your super.. ONLY their fees.
    try calling or email, and get the same lame reply.. it is a long term investment

The Y-man and Marg4000 like this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Check out your options on superratings and find a reliable fund there - possibly a low fee industry fund.

7. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Sorry to read that @cammot. Hope you get the remaining funds out with a more appropriate manager.

It irks me no end when people are ripped off by these vultures. Yes, you made the decision, blah, blah but at the end of the day, it is the individual/family who bear the consequences.

The name strikes a bell too. I think that mob was raided by the AFP and ASIC.

NEVER respond to a cold call, email is my motto and I've had a few like many here. Even snail mail when dudes accessed, quite legally, the details of my super fund and sent me their delightful prospectus.

8. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

It is very possible, in the recent conditions 15% is very mediocre, and a minimum I would aim for. I have done way better than that. Even had more than that in the last few weeks.

9. logan12302

logan12302 New Member

Hey Cammot
    Camori Superannuation, Olive Financial, Recarmo and Paradise all got raided by ASIC and AFP.
    YOU STAND A GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING ALL YOUR MONEY BACK + INTEREST. HIT THEM UP FOR IT AND GO TO ASIC AND LODGE A COMPLAINT.
    No Cookies | Gold Coast Bulletin

Kuna_Learner, Anne11 and Redwing like this.
  10. Ricardo Lopes

Ricardo Lopes New Member

I've got the same call from them, promess returns of around 15%. I've transferred $32,000 to them, from my old superfound. And 4 years on, only had 27,000. So, in 4 years, lost 5,000. I've moved all the money back to my old superfound. Don't sign up with them.

Kuna_Learner likes this.
  11. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Detectives raid Surfers Paradise businesses

Officers from Queensland Police and ASIC executed warrants on three separate businesses including Camori Investments and Paradise Financial Group in a Surfers Paradise high-rise

Ricardo Lopes and Anne11 like this.
  12. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

Go for a low cost industry fund such as Hostplus, Sunsuper, Australian Super.

13. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Never heard of these clowns, if you hear of somebody from surfers looking to manage your super or any other money - steer clear and I mean real clear.

Cheers Ivan

14. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

If anyone calls you on the phone to discuss ANY investments - Hang up. Never ever has a phone call to offer investments been a good thing.

You would be best to report any such calls to ASIC so they can be shut down. Probably a boiler room scam.

qak and Lindsay_W like this.
  15. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

More sharks on land than in water.....