Calling tight arses

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by MTR, 16th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

All of that sounds fine, except "I give her monthly allowance in addition to the household expenses".

Does she not have access to an account? Do you give yourself an allowance too or can you draw what you want or need?

skater and Perp like this.
  2. FireDragon

FireDragon Well-Known Member

Yes, she have access to her own account. She is a stay at home mum, so I give her few thousand dollars a month for groceries + her own allowance. I also pay for the nanny and cleaner. I don't spend anything for myself except for the essentials such as lunch, hair cut, petrol and the clothes. I can give her more but she always spent all her allowances to buy toys and books for the elder daughter. So I decided to save the rest of my income to the IP offset accounts.

3. FireDragon

My wife says I am not good enough as I don't spend time to play with my daughter and take her to the parks. :p

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Great...I'll take one of those please!

Tetsuya's?...If you are too tight....Rockpool will do...:p:D

Last edited: 5th Aug, 2015
  5. Spiderman

Spiderman Well-Known Member

6. Gibson

Gibson Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that article Andrew. I love cooking at home and making extra each night to take to work for lunch the next day. Pasta or ravioli are a given.. Food court pasta is just reheated sauce anyway, and you're payimg $8-$10 for the privilege. But what I can't understand is the need to order "toast" at work w a coffee.. Seriously, I've usually kept a loaf of "Cafe" toast in the freezer and use when needed. Lots of cafes charge $3-4 for two slices...adds up to around $16/20 per loaf. I used to have 3 to 4 coffees a day but have cut back and also taken a liking to getting a Strong FW, extra 50c for the shot as opposed to another 3.50 for another single shot coffee..Also, I don't mind picking bruise or ripe bananas at the store as they are perfect for banana bread (same cost principle w above toast) which I usaully bake once a fortnight... There's other loaves that are really easy to make including Zuchhini bread, Walnut loaf... I just shake my head seeing muffins and slices going for around the same price it costs to bake a loaf... Anyways that's my 2 cents worth tonight...

7. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

In order to counteract the "I reuse teabags at least twice and only wash undies every 3 uses to save water/money" crew I've just booked a last minute trip to melb this weekend, have a bday dinner cum meeting on Friday.

Looks like a Friday to Monday trip for 2 pepple is gonna be 5k, no wonder people travel overseas instead!

8. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

Leave Perth and experience all the glory Melbourne has to offer, even if only for a weekend? Priceless.

9. sanj

Haha I'm well aware of the glory melb has to offer.

Unfortunately it looks like my favourite bar in melb is closed th3 next 3 or 4 days for renovations, the attic above black pearl. I normally get pretty loose in there.

10. Gibson

Gibson Well-Known Member

Happy birthday!! Special dispensation if it's a milestone bday

11. sanj

Thanks but it's not even my bday! It's a business partner's girlfriend's bday.Mine is in 2 weeks or so.

12. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

sanj, if it wasn't for that shady moustache, I'd invite you to join me at the Prince of Wales, but that moustache is super shady.

sanj likes this.
  13. sanj

That's ok, braver men than you have been intimidated by the glorious moustache so don't feel too bad

Perp and Mombius Hibachi like this.
  14. meme plecko

meme plecko Well-Known Member

What, you don't make your own sandwiches? Lift your game up!

15. FireDragon

I will probably make my own lunch once the kids grow up and get more personal time.

16. 158

158 Well-Known Member

She's right. You have your priorities wrong. Work will always be there, not so your daughters childhood.

A stay at home mum with a nanny and allowance huh? Silver spoon much. You know you are only conditioning yourself for future pain?

pinkboy

Mombius Hibachi likes this.
  17. Gibson

Gibson Well-Known Member

What's with the $13 beers at the Carlton Hotel on Bourke street? Was there a fortnight ago and a round of those nearly wiped my whole holiday allowance ;)

18. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Nandos. @monalisa and I need their loyalty card. We do most of our networking and friends catch ups there

19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

What........ridiculous, 5 star hotel????. I understand, we booked Busselton peak season costing a fortune.

20. sash

sash Well-Known Member

What happens if your palate does not extend to Nandos? ;):p