Cars & Motorbikes Calculating the costs to run a Tesla model 3

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Dan Donoghue, 4th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

My last 2 cars didn't have spare wheels, just a can of glue and an air compressor.
    No real problem though considering I have only ever had one flat tire in my life and that was in 1996 :).

I have had plenty of slow leaks but slow enough to be able to manage it until I can get to a tire shop.

2. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

i dont know anyone who buy a tesla to save money or planet earth, its to do with status

if u want to save money a 3 cylinder turbo will do you way better than both cx 5 and tesla why ?
    Weight of the car.

you want minimal wear/expenses on anything = buy the lightest car you can find and lightest right foot you have.

Miata
    Is
    Always
    the
    Answer

Dan Donoghue likes this.
  3. Dan Donoghue

Dan Donoghue Well-Known Member

I sold my ND MX5 GT 20L and replaced it with my Audi A3 Cabrio 1.8T as the MX5 was simply too small to be doing those k's in each day.

The Audi was also a bit small and we decided we only needed on car so I sold the Audi and started using the Missus's CX5 :).

To be honest, I actually really like the CX5, it's a wonderful vehicle to drive :).

I think 5.6 l/100 out of a twin turbo diesel is pretty good in the CX5 though :).

Last edited: 4th Dec, 2019

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.