QLD Cairns

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Azazel, 19th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Probably due to the rental market tightening further because of a lack of new residential development. Might change slightly when Mt Peter estate really gets going though.
    Cairns in the grip of a sustained rental crisis

tommo c likes this.
  2. Pentanol

Pentanol Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is it moving really quickly? I remember there were a fair few with 2's in front a couple of weeks back in Westcourt but now there's a few left and some in Parramatta Park going under contract quickly too! Would probably have to source a BA or letterdrop now to get decent prices now.

tommo c likes this.
  3. Pentanol

Pentanol Well-Known Member

I'm using SQM but realise a fair few of the inner suburbs have the same postcodes.

Cairns is currently posting the best stats of the two hence why I'm not considering Townsville yet and everything seems to be aligning.

tommo c likes this.
  4. Arosst

Arosst New Member

You’re getting warmer pentanol ....

Remember gross yield is the light on the hill that says come over here and have a look..
    It’s made up of buyers that over paid as well as investors who pushed and negotiated.

That is, some got a worse gy than advertised, while others ‘wink’ can do very well indeed ....

Dig.

5. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

I have a 3 bedroom townhouse on sale in Yorkeys Knob. 150m from the beach front. It has been listed for 5 weeks and so far no enquiries. It is on realestate.com and have had 230 look at listing. I was up there renovating and doing the garden. It rained almost every day for the 9 days I was there!!!!

I believe the floods and continual rain has stopped enquiries. I am sure it will sell once the Melbourne weather stops being so fantastic and the Victorians head north to get warm.:)

6. Greedo

Greedo Well-Known Member

No Cookies | The Cairns Post

If you can’t access though the paywall, the 5 month piling program for Nova city about to get underway early April

7. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Here’s why there are cane fields which will never be built on and the supply of useable land is limited...
    72222DA1-FAD7-4181-8CA6-3D5DC5D582C0.png

8. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

The market there is underwater

HUGH72 likes this.
  9. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

/Whats the pic?

10. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

From the sky rail back towards the city and Barron river, huge amount of water.

11. tommo c

tommo c Well-Known Member

12. Darwin55

Darwin55 Well-Known Member

Hope so. I’ve got a place there. Some growth... Here’s hoping

13. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

So much rain this year. We held an open for inspection but no one is buying up there at the moment. It looks like I will have to re-let it for another year !!!!

14. Property Guts

Property Guts Well-Known Member

I love Cairns. The beauty of the mountains, rivers and all that tropical planting. It's a special place.
    So i bought a 3brm in Mt Sheridan for $300K in 2014. Current value, probably same. But of interest, rent was $300p/w in 2014, now getting $360 p/w - so rental yield would look better for new buyers.
    I read another post that said - Cairns will boom - when the rest of Australia tanks, the Aus$ falls and international tourism booms up north. So as a long term buyer and holder - this investment is almost like taking a defensive position.

15. Property Guts

Property Guts Well-Known Member

any suggestions for a Cairns property manager?
    I am using Freemans, they are charging 10% and service is average, with staff changing every 6 months. Over them.

Cia likes this.
  16. 2jzzzz

2jzzzz Active Member

I've got friends who have used Chris and Stuart at Chris Gay Real Estate. Stuart is active in getting good tradies to reduce owners costs.

17. Moorooboost

Moorooboost Member

I've had one with Freemans for a while but have just left them due to poor service. I started out with Pla but when he sold his book to freemans it went down hill. I think they are purely profit driven.

I recently bought another place that was already managed by Rick at Newmanor realty and decided to give him a go. He provides much better personalised service so I'm changing to him for my other house as well. Should have done it ages ago.

18. Darwin55

I use LJ Hooker. Never had an issue with them.

19. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

Which LJ Hooker franchise was that? There is one in particular on the northern side that I will never do business with again. Yet, there is another on that side of town that I have nothing but good things to say about the PM at the time.

20. Darwin55

Trinity Beach.