CAC 40 vs S&P ASX 200

Discussion in 'Sharemarket News & Market Analysis' started by kitdoctor, 9th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. kitdoctor

kitdoctor Well-Known Member

I have seen many instances of a chart for one index showing two different long-term periods in their history where these periods are very similar visually and essentially look the same.

Here are two different indexes whose charts are very similar post 2009 CAC 40 (French equity index) and S&P ASX 200. CAC 40 is the orange line. XJO and CAC40.png

willair likes this.
  2. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

You've lost me @kitdoctor whats one to do with the other

I'm a pretty basic person though when looking at the ASX vs..
    • SE 100 (UK)
    • DAX (Germany)
    • CAC 40 (France)
    • Dow Jones (USA):
    • NASDAQ (USA)

willair likes this.
  3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

It's been interesting studying your posts and charts sometimes with financial astrology mixed in,and I went through my entire library early this morning and found the very old books that I have collected on WD Gann..

I have one very book that has the Gann coffee chart from march 7th 1882 very old book {Gann101} and as I can't find a copy on the internet anywhere then this book may be very rare and I bought this book mid 1990's and the receipt still inside..

From my simple blue collar understanding ..

Gann has only 3-4 basic ways other will read his books different..

1..Swing Charts

2..Basic chart patterns

3..Resistance and money management ..

4..Then the big unknown ""ASTROLOGY""

As you would know Gann did not spread the message to everyone only the one percent that slowly completed and understood and mastered his other courses..

The only item I learnt from the several books on Gann is as I sometimes use a 3xday swing chart not 3 day calendar movements chart which is the way most fast bucks computer trading software big $$$ works anyway..

Also from the way he writes he suggests that your basic """STOP"" be no more the 3-5 percent away ,and once it go up or down for 3 days you have a new high low to put your stop behind ..

Now my only question is are you trading on your charts and if so what is the result..?..

symposia likes this.
  4. kitdoctor

@Redwing thanks for your response.

Many would not believe that a financial market can be predicted/forecast or display recognisable patterns. Imagine shifting the chart of the CAC 40 index just a fraction closer down to the chart of the S&P ASX 200. The two indexes would virtually be tracking one another. Think about that for a moment? The share market indices in two different countries are virtually the same over almost a decade. How can that be explained? Does it point to something in each country being the same/similar?

Redwing likes this.
  5. kitdoctor

@willair No, no trading as mentioned elsewhere - no spare funds. I've ordered a book on W D Gann so I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. I've just used my analysis to guide decisions on where our superannuation is placed (to avoid losing capital) and the position/timing of the property cycle.

I think that the first signs of a turnaround in the property market will be seen in September 2019 + or - 1 month. I have medium confidence in this. Please no questions. I'm prepared to do this here rather than in any other forum as there are too many critics to be found there. If I'm wrong then I'll to review/refine my technique.

willair likes this.
  6. willair

I hope you enjoy your new book Kitdoctor ,you are either a Believer as I can see the angle you work from or you are like the people while he was alive who think astrology and the nodes that are used in Hindu Astrology don't work ..
    Gann said he would never sell or tell anyone how his methods work and you only have to change the dates around and every time the chart will be different and as a secret will only be held by the 1 person who understands the secret and once it's out there in so many fast buck useless books then it's no longer a secret ..

Like I told you before ,it's all above me and there will never be any more questions as money comes from my simple understanding when you don't worry about money and the books are back in my library to once again gather dust and another new day in the free world..good luck..

Nodrog likes this.
  7. willair