QLD Caboolture - Morayfield etc

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by dabbler, 18th Mar, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I have not seen a lot on these areas, what do you feel about these places ? Has the stigma gone, seems there is plenty of nice shopping etc nearby these days with North Lakes etc not too far away ?

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

O dear. The stigma is still alive and well.

A person who lives in Morayfield shops at Morayfield or may go to Costco for a big day out and to get fuel. One of my rellies posts pictures on Facebook of the free samples they eat for lunch. Sorry, food samples, not petrol.

I have never been to Costco. Last time I was in Westfields at North Lakes, I noticed a few Bogans creeping in. They must have gotten lost ;) I have been known to drive ten klms out of my way to avoid going down Morayfield Road in case someone crashes into my car and I catch something off them. Bogans aren't usually allowed at North Lakes, they have to stay on the western side of the Motorway where all good bogans belong.

For nice shopping, we go to Chermside, that is a Bogan-free zone. Or online.

Cue Bayview to compare with Frankston

Rich2011 and HUGH72 like this.
  3. dabbler

I am not too familiar, but it looks to have potential. Will have to get on the ground and check.

So, is it worse than Logan & the people that hang around the stations and shops ?

I have no desire to live there, but it also looks better placed to me, as the Sunshine coast is probably a nicer place than being close to the Goldie.

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I personally prefer Sunshine Coast to Gold Coast, but then that is what I am most familiar with. I have read hundreds of posts on PC suggesting that Logan is a better investment due to it being an easy drive to GC and Brisbane CBD.

As for the people hanging around the stations - I cant answer that. You could check the Police website. Honestly though, there are lovely people everywhere, and Caboolture has beautiful acreage home sites just like anywhere else rural. Both Logan and Caboolture look the same to me, but I usually drive through there on Sunday mornings, not late on Friday and Saturday nights.

Whitecat likes this.
  5. dabbler

Places like Noosa are def better to go as a visitor.

There are parts of Logan that look fine too, some are like no go zones, but I would not go to Logan myself, other half dislikes it, also Logan is so 2014 now :)

Seems to be things happening from some things I read, so it may have growth that Logan does not have coming.

6. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Northlakes has heaps of bogans. But I have no problem with that.
    I think that there won't be major radical change in caboolture etc it's far. It will slowly gentrify but after places closer in. And that's reflected in the price. But pretty good yield.
    If you can invest closer that would be better but if not, there's nothing specifically wrong with the place. It's like far Western Sydney. Last to boom first to drop.

Angel likes this.
  7. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

Is better than Logan by far. Poor bogans but less hardcore more relaxed. Some similar issues but mostly disadvantaged whitefellas. It's 50km and logan is 25?
    North > South imo socially

8. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Maybe the next catch up/dinner should be in Caboolture - Morayfield or Logan so potential investors can see what their getting :eek:

Whitecat likes this.
  9. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

A bit of a generalization, nothing down market about places in Logan like Carbrook or Cornubia
    If you go 50km south you are in the outer Gold Coast LGA and compared to Caboolture, well there's good and average locations in both area's IMO.

10. Taku Ekanayake

Taku Ekanayake Well-Known Member

I hear there is plenty of land out there..
    Not much good infrastructure either.
    I haven't done enough DD on the area though.
    Margaret Lomas had Morayfield in her top picks for a couple yrs running around 2014, from memory. Hasn't performed.

@dabbler what has you interested in the area?

Learningprop likes this.
  11. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

Im surprised no one has thrown Burpengary's hat into the ring!
    Caboolture - 55kms from a city less than half the size of melb and syd?
    No gentrification possible in the next couple of decades
    To get to the city is a nightmare and will get far worse with plenty of infill between there and bris
    Whats a house worth now? If its more than 250 i would not bother
    Maybe at 150 i could see some potential growth
    Used to stay there a few times a year and no joke we were woken up every night by some sort of disturbance in the street, theres a reason why everyone has a big dog
    Moronfield shopping centre isn't what you would call a meeting of the minds either

Elives likes this.
  12. dabbler

Price looks ok, return is ok, train is supposed to be similar sort of time to much of bayside if you get a through train.

I would rather buy 12k from CBD, but you need $$$ now to do that and has already moved a lot, I have not looked close enough to see when/where caboolture is in the cycle.

The council also seems pro active.

13. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Lomas said not to touch the Gold Coast after the GFC, said there were no growth drivers... But house prices up a lot since then... So I'm not that confident with her 'hot spots' now.

Sam Yue likes this.
  14. dabbler

I do not care what any of these experts say, they only say things to increase money flowing to their accounts, they may also want to throw people off, who knows the true motivations for "spots".

I do not read books on property, nor articles from any so called expert, I think many members here are more clued up frankly, we all know no one has a crystal ball, so why take any notice of someone paid to guess or throw darts ?

That is my philosophy anyways :)

15. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Caboolture to CBD is an hour on the express train (afaik)

16. dabbler

It would probably be similar to Cleveland I imagine, Caboolture does get the express trains, I guess people may not really be going to the CBD for work each day, probably not working at all for a bunch of them :)

I have also read quite a few peoples account of moving there expecting it to be horrid & finding in many parts that it is quite good.

Where do you live Angel ?

I have lived in areas that I swore I would never go near when I was 20, some are dumps, some great family areas, all have gone up :)

17. dabbler

Yeah, timetables indicate 50mins, so an hour sounds right or not much over an hour for all stops.

18. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I live at Eatons Hill but have also lived at Lawnton. The in-laws live on acreage in Burpengary. I grew up inner west.

strongy1986 likes this.
  19. SueA

SueA Well-Known Member

Sorry, just read this thread and had to book a doctors apt to check for disease, run around and check my car for damage , list a few properties for sale then thought nuh I am a Brackenridge houso turned bogan from Burpengary with no fear. Sticks and stones and all that. LOL.
    Parked my car in centre of Caboolture on a Sat night to go to Damiens on the Lake for dinner for our wedding anniversary, drove down Morayfield Rd TWICE, shopped at Morayfield as I do every week and came out totally unscathed. Seriously though, we have been up here 10 years now and wouldn't live anywhere else. Rarely have need to go to Caboolture but travel Morayfield Rd very frequently. Work with people nearly all from the burp,moronfield,cabo areas,some who have been here up to 35 years all love it. About 15 ladies got on the train from Caboolture on a Sat night a few weeks ago and went in to Southbank. Not one of us raped or murdered.
    Only know 1 person who travels to the city (and gets a seat) and she has 9 ip's in Caboolture. She said they had tripled in value and rent. Don't personally know anyone here who doesn't work, all friends kids work. Yep some crappy areas around same as most places. Have excellent clean paying tenants at Caboolture duplex and Burp. house. And only 39.50 for smoke alarm testing cert. by electrician.
    Won't throw Burpengary hat in ring as I don't want any more people here. So many coming we have had to build new high school, units popping up , bloody kmart is just starting to build here.
    Took bogan grandchildren to park in new North Harbour and that is building fast. God help us when the marina starts, and all that new industrial park that is already happening. Then opened Saturday paper to read 3 moreton bay suburbs in national top 30 growth suburbs, Warner , Morayfield and Deception Bay. Makes you want to just head to Bribie beach, I can be there in half an hour, hubby might throw some crab pots in on the way. Who in their right mind would want to live here.
    Don't buy my fuel at Costco but my bogan hubby does for truck, saves us about $200 a week, took my 2 week old car to the Northlakes (Kallangur east) shopping centre and some ***** must have opened their door into mine and left a dint but no note!!! Real classy.
    Definitely a place you need to come and see for yourself.

Robbyinvests, Max86, AlbertWT and 4 others like this.
  20. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Burpengary is a secret.

AlbertWT and SueA like this.