BUYSIDE buyers agency ! Whos heard of them or brought through them ?

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by showtime94, 24th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. showtime94

showtime94 Well-Known Member

Hi im thinking of using the buyers agency called buyside , has anyone heard of them or worked with them ?
    Would you recommend them ? How was your experience with them ?

Anyways I spoke to him he has good ideas and a good plan , but for the first purchase his charging 16170 which I think is pretty up there and for the second purchase he said you get a 20 percent discount so it will be around 12500 .

Anyways he buys in sydney and brisbine ( im looking to invest in brisbine )
    In general if you worked with them give me your feed back thanks !

Or if u know of any good buyers agents that buy in brisbine that you recommend let me know .

Ps this site is awesome !

2. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Did you say $16k?!!! That's very expensive. Have you also contacted Zest property (recommended by a few on here) to compare price and opinion re markets etc?

legallyblonde likes this.
  3. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Hi @Freedomlife94

On the one hand the fee is indeed high in terms of dollars, however fees of this size are quite common.

Depending on what you're after, you might prefer to go with a flat-rate BA that charges less. @Richard Taylor is one such BA.

Tekoz likes this.
  4. ellejay

Also, what's leading you towards Brisbane? It's been hyped to death for at least a couple of years and alot of investors have bought there. I think you'd want to be very careful what you buy, especially if adding $16k to purchase costs.

Tekoz likes this.
  5. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Agree, you should not buy in Brisbane, especially when you can't spell it properly ;)

jim1964, RedMarty and Pumpkin like this.
  6. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

I usually charge $1,000,000, but will give you a limited time special 99% discount so it's only $10,000!
    Interested?

Greyghost and legallyblonde like this.
  7. showtime94

Hahaha where should I buy then ?

8. showtime94

I
    haven't called them yet , I will contact them tho , and yeah I know right 16k is heaps expensive

9. showtime94

Ive been listening to smart property invester episodes and it seems everyone is buying in brisbine
    Also been watching binvested youyube videos his also buying in brisbine and ive spoken to a few buyers agents and they told me there buying in brisbine also

10. showtime94

Does he buy in brisbine ?

11. JacM

JacM VIC Buyer's Agent - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat Business Member

Yes

12. ellejay

Hmmm, you've been listening to smart property investor episodes. Has someone IQ tested them or do they just have really great clothes? Everyone is buying in Brisbane, erm does this mean you should do so too, or might it be a reason to hold off? I don't know the answer but you're sounding like a lamb to the slaughter at the moment. Buyers agents can help you find deals you possibly wouldn't find on your own, but you need some background information around investing and markets, otherwise you're putting a lot of trust in someone you have no knowledge of whilst making one of the biggest purchases of your life. There are examples you'll read about on here of that going very bad. I'm not talking about recommended BAs but you need some knowledge yourself to make choices around what they're offering you.

And yes, if you ring a BA that covers Brisbane and ask them, can I pay you to buy me a house in Brisbane they're very likely to find you a house in Brisbane. It doesn't actually mean that Brisbane is the best place for you to buy at that time.

Last edited: 24th Jun, 2016
    Rclank1422 and Tranquilo like this.
  13. showtime94

Hmm yeah your right , well im not sure then tbh I guess im gunna have to keep reading on this and see what I learn .
    Where are you buying or have brought ?

14. ellejay

You could chat to Richard Taylor as suggested above as I have found him very honest in the past and not pushing what he sells. I can also recommend chatting to Jacqui M above who covers Melbourne. I can also recommend @BuyersAgent on here who covers parts of NSW and Q'land. It would be a very good idea for you to go an investors meet up. Even if you wait a couple of months and spend all your spare time here you'll be so much better informed.

Tekoz likes this.
  15. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hi @Freedomlife94 I will preface my response by letting you know I am a BA and also am the immediate past President of REBAA (Australia's only national industry body for independent buyers agents) however I do know Josh Masters from Buyside. Being a REBAA member automatically gives you some peace of mind, knowing that he's experienced (he also used to work for Empire- another REBAA agency) licensed, insured and has been endorsed by other BA REBAA members.

I have written on the topic before however let me reiterate that I think it's vitally important that you hire a BA who is local to the city/region you're looking to buy in, rather than hire a fly in/fly out type BA. If the buyers agency you choose to engage have an office and/or licensed agents on the ground locally in Brisbane who are doing the work for you, then you're much more likely to get a superior result with local BAs than a NSW based one who's going up only to inspect and isn't as familiar with the suburbs, agents, strategies etc.

I have recommended Karen from Zest to former clients and had very good feedback. Ditto Andrew Allen and some other REBAA QLD members but it is up to you to interview BAs and ask the right questions- some of which are here How do I choose a buyer’s agent? - REBAA
    Good luck!

16. showtime94

Hey yeah I guess thats true its better to go with someone thats local other then fly in fly out type .
    So can you give me there full bussines name so I can look these qld guys up please
    So zest propertie and ditto is ditto the full bussines name ?

17. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

I have stopped listening to this podcast.
    2 things:
    1. He had a couple on 2 times in the past month.
    They have a 1.7m portfolio with 1.3m in loans.
    There was no lesson. There equity came from their PPR in Syd. The other 3 have done nothing. To me turnover (or the number of properties you have) means nothing. Equity and cashflow is king. They appeared on the show because they are family or something.
    2. The podcast is advertising DHA. Talk about selling your soul. Lost all credibility with me after that..

House likes this.
  18. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Property Zest Property Zest - REBAA
    Andrew Allen Allen Real Estate - REBAA

19. showtime94

20. showtime94

Oh really I haven't listened to that one yet haha ,
    Yeah if thats the case seems like nonsense then and your right about equity and cashflow ..
    Whats DHA mean sorry if its a dumb question lol