Buying next to childcare

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Energizer1000, 28th Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

This was my thought too, but I went back and read it is split up into five flats, so the five unrelated people within one five bedroom house doesn't seem to fit.

I'd be checking this out very carefully to ensure renting individually is legal.

Energizer1000 and Stoffo like this.
  2. Energizer1000

Energizer1000 Member

I appreciate everyone’s views and advice. Further research of the property I have found is it’s registered as a multi-unit dwelling. All tenants who are currently living there have been there for over 3+ years including one that’s been there for 6 years and are on yearly leases. I guess they don’t mind the morning and afternoon drop off/ pick up noises.

The fire safety of the property is a bit concerning, at this stage. If I was to get I would most likely fix that up to standard.

Stoffo and Angel like this.
  3. wylie

Have you any idea the cost to fix fire safety issues? That could be very costly.

4. Energizer1000

Energizer1000 Member

How costly will that be in worst case scenario? Or do I need to contact a professional for advice?

5. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

Basically strip the place and start again. The duplexes and dual OCC we do have 25+mm of firewall between halves. I can only imagine what a multi level place would require.

Energizer1000 likes this.
  6. wylie

I've no idea of the cost to retro-fit to make it compliant (if you do have to do that), but it sounds like an old timber house (is it?).

I'd find out if you have to do anything to make it fully legal for renting out as flats. Then once you know if you must bring it up to code, get quotes. I imagine it won't be cheap.

Energizer1000 likes this.
  7. Energizer1000

Energizer1000 Member

Yes it’s a Old timber house.