QLD Buying next to a large vacant land (Logan)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Kai41314, 3rd Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kai41314

Kai41314 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I found several houses in Logan for sale which are right next to the same large vacant land (7000m2). This land is at the centre of the suburb and hundreds of houses are around it. The land now looks like in a Low Density Residential (LDR) zone and actually there are no other vacant lands in the same suburb.

Would you buy a house next to a large vacant land? What are the pros and cons of buying a house right next to the a large vacant land?

If the land is in a LDR zone, can it only be used to build houses? Can it be used to build townhouses or something else?

Last edited: 3rd Aug, 2015
  2. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

At that size the chances of getting townhouses through are good but the density may only be similar to that of housing anyway.

3. panda878

panda878 Member

I am not experienced by any means but if you have access to design rules I would ask for them. I am just speaking from personal experience that we are renting a brand new home that was next to vacant land. Now they have started building, their wall is exactly 1.5m from our fence (I measured it) which is the minium distance allowed. It is 6m from our wall, again the minimum distance allowed. The wall is higher than our roof, meaning the whole side of our house gets nil sunlight.

If I was the owner of the house, I would imagine the value of my property would decline because of this.

But again, definitely not an expert at all!

Pentanol and Tekoz like this.