NSW buying next door to large lot regional village subdivision

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Lily Beach, 5th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lily Beach

Lily Beach Active Member

I am looking at buying a PPOR in a small regional village (about 45mins from the coast and 15 mins from busy regional centre) for about $400k. Its a great house the only thing is the adjacent farm land has been carved up into about 10 large lot single story residential blocks (between 2000m2 - 4000m2) which are almost all sold. Other than living in a regional construction zone whilst the new owners build, any comments on what this does to the long term CG, rental potential and amenity of 'my' home and village? 'My' block is slightly elevated so with shrubbery, should sit above the roofline of the new house to still give some rural views. I'd be choosing to move there for reasons of purchase-price, to escape busy towns, for quiet and privacy and for potential rental ability as i travel for periods frequently. All opinions and experiences welcome. thank you.

2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Half acre to an acre still plenty of room for new neighbours kids to crank up dirt bikes etc.

Lily Beach likes this.
  3. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

e
    Why should the kids get all the fun!? When I was a teen, I took my muffler off, and replaced it with a straight pipe, tuned to length.. rather loud. Ahh the joys of living rural.

Lily Beach likes this.