buying land in Box Hill vs Marsden park PPR in this market

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by Kis Kis, 31st May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kis Kis

Kis Kis Well-Known Member

Hi guys, just wanted your opinions on buying land in Marsden Park vs Box hill in this market. We plan to build our own house for living. Dreaming for a minimum 450m2 lot building a 2 storey with a pool. I work in city/north sydney/ Macquarie Park. Wifey works in Sydney but does not use public transport. No kids.

Please share your opinions on buying a land in this market for settling down. We found out that they have a few resell blocks on offer. Some of them are 565k on Realestate.com, others are asking 580-590k. I am trying to negotiate on the price. I want to buy for 550-560k mark. market is a bit slow this month so hoping to find something close to our budget. my questions are

1. Which of these suburbs will be a better choice in terms of living conditions, practicality, future growth, facilities, transport etc
    2. Is it a very risky option to buy registered land to start building in these norwest areas in the ''just slowing' property market?
    3. people advise us to wait until the property prices fall more. but most of the slowing in the market is due to fall in apartment price. Will land price slow significantly in these high demand growth areas? (even if there is a price drop of 4% itll be around 20k less in land price.But the house construction price will go up in the 12 months by 20k anyway (most of the builders had around 20k price increases from 2016-2017, from February when we started looking to May now, most builders already had 5k-7k pricr rise). is it worth the wait?

advices appreciated!
    TIA

2. 2020vision

2020vision Active Member

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Mort St Blacktown. Its Lalor Park at best. NOTHING like MP or Box Hill. An quite old area with loads of fibro etc and a very different social group. Its a old suburb with house knock downs more common. A high demographic and a large number of small old former housing commission properties (some may still be?). Somewhat higher social disadvantage cluster too. Apart from a small shopping strip the feature of this suburb is its almost 24hr gaming hotel and all that it brings.

The Ponds may be an alternative. Land is in good demand in these growth corridors